PDA

View Full Version : best simulator for driving/racing

Daveroo
September 8th, 2011, 08:04
im thinking about Dirt 3,i like the gymkana style stuff,,single car crazyness...but still with sort of a purpose,,i suppose thats why i like rally racing as well....but i have an expencive wheel/throttle/break/clutch,multi speed shifter,,,id like to use the clutch and shifter...

what sim would you guys suggest?....im not into "online " racing against others,,,i dont mind IA racing,,but rally,time trials,gymkana,ect,,,,,thanks Dave

wombat666
September 8th, 2011, 08:22
You'd enjoy Dirt 3 Dave, just make sure your wheel is supported, as only high end models seem to be.
There were a few bugs in the beginning but they seem to have been sorted out.
I'm hanging out for Rfactor 2 ............. :jump:

Ferry_vO
September 9th, 2011, 05:08
DiRT3 is fantastic but still more of a game than a sim, however the Gynkhana stuff is well done and rallying is great too. The cars are very well controlable and easy to slide round the corners.

If you want a real sim, wait for rFactor2 like Wombat and myself, or try to find a copy of Race07/GTR Evolution/Race on! from Simbin which are touring car sims. Great 'feeling' with the cars if you have a force feedback wheel!

Daveroo
September 9th, 2011, 08:55
i looked at the Rfactor2 site...looks like it will be cool..love those carts,,has dirt,,rally,,lots of stuff..my worry though..will it be one of those things where you have to work your way up through the "ranks" to unlock cars and tracks?..ive waisted more money on games i thought were sims because of that...i know there were/are cheats...but still....i wanna drive not pretend to be on a team...