September 6th, 2011, 19:41
Old OLD story....

khaast
September 7th, 2011, 09:43
Old OLD story....

So ?

warchild
September 7th, 2011, 10:09
col story. hadnt seen it before.. Still, this type of post belongs in newshawks and not here, so I'm afraid I need to move it. I will however leave a perma-link too it here..
Pam

SpitXIV
September 7th, 2011, 11:18
I'll bet the sales requests for the F-15 climbed after that. If you believe in Angels, there was
one with him that day. ;)

bobmay
September 7th, 2011, 14:06
A spoof video. Anyone notice that the upside down F15 was a F-100 ?

AckAck
September 7th, 2011, 15:36
The upside down "F-15" that was really an F-100 was supposed to be an A-4. :icon_lol: There also seems to be some A-7s in the footage too? Plus, you can also see where they digitally erased the wing during landing footage, digitally added "fuel spray" to cover the wing, etc. So yes, there wasn't any actual footage of the aircraft flying, only stillls from after it landed. They probably patch together stuff like this to get footage, figuring that most people won't know any better (a correct assumption).

It's hardly uncommon, even in big budget films. I know I can annoy my wife when watching aviation- or automotive-themed films because I often complain about how they "fix things in post" or take shortcuts in footage - dub incorrect sounds, use the wrong aircraft, switch aircraft in flight, crash the wrong car - stuff that most people aren't paying attention to. (Just yesterday, while watching the sad 1997 remake of Vanishing Point, I ticked her off by pointing out that 1) they crashed/blew up a Camaro, not a Challenger, and 2) no stock or mildly modified Challenger could even approach 185 mph, especially in less than 1/4 mile.)

Brian

flaminghotsauce
September 7th, 2011, 18:08
I remember having a big argument online with a guy that claimed to be an airline pilot, and this was absolutely IMPOSSIBLE, according to him. We got into all kinds of minutia, lifting surface, speeds, stability, and stuff. But if you look at it, there's plenty of bottom on the aircraft to act as a lifting surface should you fly it fast enough, and apparently that is exactly what this pilot did.

I never did convince this supposed airline pilot that it could indeed happen, even though it did indeed happen. He's probably still convinced he's right.

TeaSea
September 8th, 2011, 16:36
You put enough thrust in there, a huge Saturn V rocket could fly....

Oh, wait.....

AckAck
September 8th, 2011, 19:41
That wasn't flying - that was...falling with style!