PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 CD problem

Emile
September 6th, 2011, 07:45
Hello,
I know this can the wrong place to ask these question, but I know that there are many "gurus" on this site.

I had to reinstall from scratch me Win7 X64 system and now when I place my CFS3 CD in the reader
1/ there is not popup to start the setup , only to see what is available on the CD . I have checked the "autoplay" , it seams correct to me.
2/ When I request the "see" what is on the CD , all seams OK except that my CD DVD reader runs all the time
3/ When I select the "setup.exe" nothing happens except the CD equipment runs ..
4/ I cannot copy the files from the CD to a HD..

Any suggestions

BTW I can read other CDs on the equipment.
Thanks in advance.

P51FAN
September 6th, 2011, 08:36
And I could be wrong on this, but I had a similar problem when I upgraded from FS2002 to FS2004. While my first 3 CDs were fine, disk 4 was corrupt, so I couldn't finish the install, nor copy the files onto my hard drive. I don't know if that is your problem, but it could be. I'll have to take a look at my CD1, and get back to you.

P51FAN
September 6th, 2011, 09:03
I just checked, and I can copy files off of disk 1 just fine. Have you tried cleaning CD1 to see if that improves anything?

Old Tiger
September 6th, 2011, 09:43
I just checked, and I can copy files off of disk 1 just fine. Have you tried cleaning CD1 to see if that improves anything?

:wavey:You do have clean em every once and awhile, same thing with DVDs, thought I lost a good movie, cleaned er up, plays like new now.:salute:

Barnstorm
September 6th, 2011, 11:35
Emile,
Just a few very basic ideas:

Make sure that you are logged-in as Administrator, or your User-account has Full-Admin Rights/Privileges.

Also, under the 'User Accounts' tab in Control Panel, I have set my User Accounts Control Settings slider set to "Never Notify". Beware, however, this may leave you vulnerable to malicious code and requires a good anti-virus/firewall product.

Best regards,

Barnstorm

Emile
September 6th, 2011, 18:20
Hello, After cleaning the CD it's the same problem. I cannot read the CD.
I have ordered a new one on eBay...waiting for delivery..
While waiting I will try to reload from my backups copies and see.
Thanks for your help

Emile
September 7th, 2011, 07:56
Hi,
Using my backups all are solved and "flying" : Cfs3, BoB, MAW, Korea, PTO and ETO.

gaw
September 11th, 2011, 04:23
there it is...........QED...backup, backup, backup.....glad you got it sorted!

marklaur
September 13th, 2011, 00:14
Hello, After cleaning the CD it's the same problem. I cannot read the CD.
I have ordered a new one on eBay...waiting for delivery..
While waiting I will try to reload from my backups copies and see.
Thanks for your help

If you like CFS3 I suggest you get the UbiSoft DVD version. It is a multi language version that has no copy protection at all. So you can just backup your language bit from the DVD anywhere and it will install.

It is really worth the trouble to find.

Regards Markl