PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim B-36 sound set issues.....

tommieboy
September 4th, 2011, 15:13
I've have had an on-going issue with a slight popping noise in "fly-by" view and when switching among the default "static" exterior views. This slight popping noise kind of ruins what should be the most awesome / authoritative sound set for a radial engine powered aircraft on planet earth. We'll I was fooling around with the different sound files and accidentally saved xb36_rpm1.wav as xb36_rpm2.wav, effectively overwriting the contents of xb36_rpm2.wav. The result was a substantial reduction of the slight popping noise in the "fly-by" view. I can now effectively rattle the windows of my house, and piss off the dogs in the neighborhood. I can still detect a slight popping noise when swapping between the "static" exterior views, but it's not as bad as it use to be.

It's a band-aid solution at best, but it's worth a try if you have a similar problem to me. Might just be an issue with my on-board sound card.

Don't forget to back-up your original sound files first!

Regards,

Tommy

FSN
September 5th, 2011, 05:29
I think what you were hearing was a bad loop. If you don't make a sample accurate loop with zero crossings you'll hear clicks and popping.

tommieboy
September 5th, 2011, 09:24
I think what you were hearing was a bad loop. If you don't make a sample accurate loop with zero crossings you'll hear clicks and popping.

Thanks for the reply FSN.....

Hopefully if Virtavia ever updates this product, they'll address this issue. If not, I have my work around, as noted above, and I'm good to go with that. :salute:

Regards,

Tommy