PDA

View Full Version : America's Army

OBIO
September 4th, 2011, 13:21
Anyone else play this online "game"? I say "game" because it is more like a combat simulator than a game. Developed by the US Army originally, the combat sim is used as a trainer for infantry....and you will find yourself with active US Army personnel as your team mates or as your enemy from time to time. Unlike a lot of the combat games, Americas Army is much more structured in terms of rules and how you gain promotions and advancements. Your character is rewarded points across a broad range of aspects..Duty, Respect, Team Work, Sacrifice, Courage, Honor....all of the key principles and morals of the modern US Army. And unlike combat games, America's Army even has a narrowed down Boot Camp and AIT training that your character/soldier must go through...as well as additional training and qualifications.

I started playing America's Army a few days ago....and like it. I tried it when it first came out, but my system would not handle it....not that I have a powerful system and that the "game" is much more developed and mature (version 3.1 was recently released) it is a much more enjoyable online experience.

If anyone else plays it, keep an eye out for me. My soldier's name is OBIOsim.

OBIO

stiz
September 4th, 2011, 13:38
a lot of people have ditched it after AA3 came out, its nowhere near as good as it used to be ... but still not bad for a freebie (if its still free that is)