PDA

View Full Version : Changing firing rate

gosd
September 3rd, 2011, 15:39
I read in some past instuctions how to change the firing rate of a gun, but I can't seem to remember how it's done. Any help would be appreciated.

lewis11777
September 3rd, 2011, 18:08
It's been awhile since I did that but if I remember correctly you change the text in red in the guns .xpd file, higher number for a higher rate of fire etc.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<UnitData>
<General Allegience="2" LongName="" ShortName=".50cal Browning M2" ModelName="" BlastDamageScale="1.0" ImpactDamageScale="1.0" FireDamageScale="1.0" Priority="2" Type="gun" EnteredService="01/01/1939" BlastDamageMod="0" ImpactDamageMod="0" FireDamageMod="0" Category="weapon" Country="usa" mass="29.9825">
</General>
<GunStations/>
<Description String=""/>
<Loadouts/>
<DamageBoxes/>
<Systems/>
<Gun GunType="gun" SoundName="c50" Range="300" Rate="12.5" MuzzleVelocity="870" TimeAlive="2" Noise="0.6" DefaultWeapon="50calBrowningM2_round"/>

popsaka
September 4th, 2011, 11:13
...but don't forget that once changed, it may no longer be in sync with the sound, etc.:mixedsmi:

Daiwilletti
September 4th, 2011, 12:59
My driveable jeep has a 37mm cannon from a p-39 Cobra installed. I've upped the firing rate to 6 rounds per second - this makes it a real killer at airbases in AI mode when enemy a/c fly past. QC becomes a helluva lot of fun...

gosd
September 4th, 2011, 20:07
Lewiss thanks for the answer,this is what I was looking for.:guinness:

lewis11777
September 5th, 2011, 03:23
If you do get sync problems as Popsaka mentioned you can modify your sound files with Audacity to change both the tempo and tone of the sound. Just remember if you modify a gun sound that removes the loop points. That will cause the sound to run out while the guns are still firing. You can use Wavosaur to set loop points in wav files. If you have problems getting the sound to sync up after setting loop points just open an unmodified file and look at where loop points are situated.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

http://www.wavosaur.com/download.php