PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of new cars...

Cazzie
September 2nd, 2011, 11:57
Has anyone seen the Ford Evos concept?

Just about the most drop-dead lovely beast I have seen lately!

Caz

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/alternative/1108_ford_evos_concept_first_look/viewall.html

kilo delta
September 2nd, 2011, 13:50
No B Pillar? Wonder if that'll compromise shell rigidity and side impact safety much. The exterior looks well...especially the rear haunches ...but the dashboard is a little...eh....Xbox!

Tako_Kichi
September 2nd, 2011, 14:04
The front end's not bad but the back end's fugly and as for the doors! :isadizzy::isadizzy:

Mounting the door locks on the sill plate is just shear stupidity as they will be exposed to all the dirt, grime and salt thrown up by the front wheels.

The interior is far too busy IMHO and is a distraction to the driver.

I know it's a concept but I am afraid for me it scores only 3/10 and Ford you could do better.

Ferry_vO
September 2nd, 2011, 23:59
Not bad, but it is a concept car so somewhat exaggerated! The doors and dash will not make it to the streets, but the overall looks hint at the next generation of the Ford Mondeo. (Or a coupe based on the Mondeo but that rumour has been around since the passing of the Cougar.)

No B Pillar? Wonder if that'll compromise shell rigidity and side impact safety much.

Ford will soon reveal a mini-MPV (The B-max) with two sliding doors in the rear and most likely no B pillar.