PDA

View Full Version : FSX and Multi Engine Props

VATC Kenny
December 11th, 2008, 20:15
Hi.

I have a rather aggravating sound issue with FSX and multi engine aircraft.:banghead:

When I start any fore engine aircraft, engine 1 sound just fine engine 2 sound just fine, but upon starting engines 3 and 4 the aircraft sounds like it's running wide open. If I push the throttles all the way up and then back it goes back to running normal that is until I got to an out side view and then it goes back to running full bore.

I checked the def DC-3 and it does not do this at all. Does anyone here know why this is going on and is there a fix for this ??

I don't know if this helps any, but I'm running FSX Deluxe on a Vista Computer.

Shane Olguin
December 11th, 2008, 20:25
Something else that will anger you... can no longer differentiate contra-rotating engines. They all rotate in one direction in the flight model no matter what the animation appears to be. makes it difficult!!

cheezyflier
December 12th, 2008, 07:35
Something else that will anger you... can no longer differentiate contra-rotating engines. They all rotate in one direction in the flight model no matter what the animation appears to be. makes it difficult!!

mine don't do that. although the dc-3 isn't actually supposed to be that way, aces made it do that for some reason.

VATC Kenny
December 12th, 2008, 14:55
So does anyone know why FSX screws up the sound files ? At this point for me personally this makes FSX useless.

Nick C
December 13th, 2008, 00:35
You say the default DC3 "doesn't do this", which aircraft does? An add-on?

Mr.Mugel
December 13th, 2008, 04:38
I got it with the Goose and Beaver, too, but for example the A2A B-377 works great...

VATC Kenny
December 13th, 2008, 05:44
Do you have SP2 ? I have not installed SP2. I think I may reinstall FSX and try installing SP2, just to see if that makes any difference