PDA

View Full Version : Lets play "Guess that aircraft"!

Gibbage
August 31st, 2011, 14:31
*******Its a Republic RC-3 Seabee!*******

For more information, read my other post's below, or visit http://www.kcflightshop.com/

This game has always been close too my heart, and I love watching and reading it in many forums. Its almost IMPOSSIBLE to stump you guys showing a full photo though, so im going to make it hard!!!

This aircraft will be the next KC Flight Shop product, so that alone gives you the first clue. It will be a small, single engine piston powered GA aircraft, so that will help narrow down the search!

Please, dont flood the thread with guesses!

And here is the 2nd clue!

http://www.kcflightshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/guess_01.jpg

I will give better clues till someone gets the correct answer!

Is there a prize? Sure. Ill toss the person who gets the correct answer a free copy of it once its out!

Let the guessing begin!

P.S. SportStar SP1 is wrapping up. Should be out early September with added details, and a free 5 livery pack. Here is a preview of the livery pack, and also the livery of the last compatition.

http://www.kcflightshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/speckel_01.jpg

Naki
August 31st, 2011, 14:52
Im picking that wooden thing is an oar...so Lake Buccaneer/Renegade?

Tako_Kichi
August 31st, 2011, 14:53
Hmm...is that an oar I see in a storage clip? A possible floater perhaps?

Gibbage
August 31st, 2011, 15:00
Hmm...is that an oar I see in a storage clip? A possible floater perhaps?

VERY astute observation! That is clue #3. She floats! I was hoping to stump you guys longer, but man your sharp! That narrows things down a bit more.

Naki
August 31st, 2011, 15:08
Thinking about this more...the cabin curves somewhat more than a Lake...so a Republic Seabee :mixedsmi:

Gibbage
August 31st, 2011, 15:14
Thinking about this more...the cabin curves somewhat more than a Lake...so a Republic Seabee :mixedsmi:

Unreal. How do you guys do it! I mean come on! I was hoping to streatch this for at least a few days! And you tag it on the 3rd guess? Next time im going to pixelate the hell out of the clues.

http://www.kcflightshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/seabee_03.jpg

Yep, its the SeaBee! I have a lot of exciting news about this new project, but I need to step out for a bit. I will be back later on to drop some more jucy details!

Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Roger
August 31st, 2011, 16:04
Great...a SeaBee for FsX:applause:

Reddog
August 31st, 2011, 16:29
I thought PAD just did one for FSX,and FS9, not to long ago.

falcon409
August 31st, 2011, 16:38
I thought PAD just did one for FSX,and FS9, not to long ago.
Yep, they did, but as some where fond of pointing out every time PAD released something for FSX. . . .IT'S NOT NATIVE FSX. lol.

Gibbage
August 31st, 2011, 16:41
I know there is a freeware Seabee for 2004/FSX, but this product will be a lot more detailed and accurate. Also im working with the International Republic Seabee Owners Club (http://www.republicseabee.com/) and a few local owners to make sure its as accurate as possible. I even went up to Concrete WA to visit two Seabee's and meet the owners during a recent fly-in. (I love my job!)

BTW, the OrbX Concrete scenery pack is amazingly accurate!

More renders to come.

Dain Arns
August 31st, 2011, 16:47
Fantastic news, really looking forward to the release of this one!
The PAD version is adequate, but being a VC fan, I look forward to a more immersive cockpit being available, and I know you will provide that.

You know what, I'm going to do it.
Gibbage, any chance I could bend your ear, so to speak, and also consider making a UC-1 Twin Bee available for the package, since the modifications would be relatively minor perhaps?

Here's a link to more Twin Bee photos:
http://www.mesrating.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=176

Gibbage
August 31st, 2011, 17:03
Fantastic news, really looking forward to the release of this one!
The PAD version is adequate, but being a VC fan, I look forward to a more immersive cockpit being available, and I know you will provide that.

You know what, I'm going to do it.
Gibbage, any chance I could bend your ear, so to speak, and also consider making a UC-1 Twin Bee available for the package, since the modifications would be relatively minor perhaps?

You can count on a good VC cockpit! You can see examples of my past cockpit work on the Milviz Cessna 310, FSD P-38, and even the Vertigo F6F Hellcat, plus the recent SportStar released last month!

As for the UC-1, I know well of it. I looked into what would be needed for the conversion. Not much externally other then the two new engines, but the cockpit is a big mess. The dash would be 100% reworked to add twin engine gauges, plus the throttle controles. On top of that, I have NO references what-so-ever on what the cockpit even looks like! Only 23 were modified out of the 1060 Seabee's. Its just too much work for so few made. If I had better referance on the cockpit, I would reconsider, but it would add quite a bit to the cost of the product.

There WILL be engine selection though! Current plans are to have two engines selectable. The old Franklin at 215HP, and the more common Simuflight Lycoming conversions offering 295HP in a lighter and more reliable engine! We are also considering a 3rd engine, the recent Corvette V-8 engine offering 350-450HP!

The new Corvette conversions are being done by a company in Onterio Canda, and is proving very popular with Seabee owners on many factors. First, the added power helps taking off in rough water. Second, the V-8 offers AC ;) Third, its proving VERY reliable, and Fourth, they are able to use the original Franklin engine cowling were the Lycoming needs a new cowling thats not the original shape.

Ultimatly it all depends on what the customer wants! =)

Kevin

Naki
August 31st, 2011, 17:29
Unreal. How do you guys do it! I mean come on! I was hoping to streatch this for at least a few days! And you tag it on the 3rd guess? Next time im going to pixelate the hell out of the clues.
Yep, its the SeaBee! I have a lot of exciting news about this new project, but I need to step out for a bit. I will be back later on to drop some more jucy details!

Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Bit of an educated guess!....haven't even seen a Seabee (none here in NZ) let alone inside one...would be a nice aircraft for Orbx PNW :salute:

Gibbage
August 31st, 2011, 17:38
Bit of an educated guess!....haven't even seen a Seabee (none here in NZ) let alone inside one...would be a nice aircraft for Orbx PNW :salute:

Yep! I have the OrbX PNW and Concrete myself, and there are quite a few Seabee's flying around up here! (Live in the Seattle area) Lots of nice lakes to fly out of, Renton has a seabase, and even Kenmore out of Lake Washington and Lake Union! Lots of places to have fun in!

Dain Arns
August 31st, 2011, 18:17
As for the UC-1, I know well of it. I looked into what would be needed for the conversion. Not much externally other then the two new engines, but the cockpit is a big mess. The dash would be 100% reworked to add twin engine gauges, plus the throttle controles. On top of that, I have NO references what-so-ever on what the cockpit even looks like! Only 23 were modified out of the 1060 Seabee's. Its just too much work for so few made. If I had better referance on the cockpit, I would reconsider, but it would add quite a bit to the cost of the product.

Thank you for the response.
I do understand the extra cost that would be involved.
I was possibly hoping for an addon perhaps, as Carenado did for it's version of the Grand Caravan, as an example.
The link I provided in my previous post does contain photos of a Twin Bee cockpit in case you should reconsider. :icon_lol:

Either way, I will still be a buying customer for your single engine SeaBee, that is for sure! :salute:

Gibbage
August 31st, 2011, 18:27
Thank you for the response.
I do understand the extra cost that would be involved.
I was possibly hoping for an addon perhaps, as Carenado did for it's version of the Grand Caravan, as an example.
The link I provided in my previous post does contain photos of a Twin Bee cockpit in case you should reconsider. :icon_lol:

Either way, I will still be a buying customer for your single engine SeaBee, that is for sure! :salute:

I totally missed that link!! Thanks for pointing it out since there is lots of great info on the page! I think that I would need a little bit more info, like the lables for all the brakers and text on the plates, but typically if you E-mail the owners and explain what your doing, 9 times out of 10 they are more then willing to lend a hand. Its still in consideration, but it all depends on how much demand there is for it.

Gibbage
August 31st, 2011, 18:30
Just a quick FYI, I posted some more renders on my web page at http://www.kcflightshop.com/ and these are newer then the one I showed on page 1. The Seabee is a lot of fun to work with since it just has a TON of details on it. Really looking forward to start on the interior work after doing more research this weekend. If anyone is in the Washington/Seattle area, I will be at Vintage Aircraft Weekend at Paine Field this Saturday doing what I love... "research" ;)

ryanbatc
August 31st, 2011, 20:35
I was hoping for a Lake, but this works well too!! YAY!

Anneke
August 31st, 2011, 23:14
Darn Kevin, I almost regret giving away my free license after winning the livery contest ;)

Awesome plane, love to fly it. It's a sure buy. I hope this time you'll consider the possibility to pre-configure the RXP unit's as well.

Thanks,
Anneke

danyboy21
September 2nd, 2011, 02:32
"P.S. SportStar SP1 is wrapping up. Should be out early September with added details, and a free 5 livery pack. Here is a preview of the livery pack, and also the livery of the last compatition."

SP1 will be compatible Dx10 ?

Gibbage
September 2nd, 2011, 09:42
SP1 will be compatible Dx10 ?

The SportStar is already compatible with DX10.