PDA

View Full Version : National Museum of USAF

UnknownGuest12
August 28th, 2011, 09:15
Donīt know if posted before (guess yes), anyway never too much...

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/full/tour-pkg.html

robertorizzo
August 28th, 2011, 10:29
Thanks!

limjack
August 28th, 2011, 10:32
WOW, on the next rainy day I am going to the National Museum of USAF sitting in my home.

Thanks for the link

Jim

Thoe6969
August 28th, 2011, 11:12
Yeh someone posted a link to that a while back but never hurts to post again for the ones that missed it the first time around.It's a great place to visit,I go down at least once a year,as something new is added frequently.

mal998
August 28th, 2011, 13:59
Thanks a milion. This is a wonderful resourse. Stunning collection!

On the tour find the O-38 and run the documentary on how they salvaged this aircraft from the Alaskan woods. It's a tribute to the ingenuity and resourcefulness of dedicated people who preserve history.

dvj
August 28th, 2011, 15:04
Wow! My kind a place this is!

strykerpsg
August 28th, 2011, 16:15
Thanks for the link. I just left an assignment in Ohio and I was fortunate enough to visit there a few times and every time I was always amazed at the attention to detail and care of all artifacts. It is a must see. It's a shame the Army can't get our stuff together and put together an equally great museum on par with this one. The infantry museum at Benning is close, but not as good as this one....pity.

Matt

glennc
August 28th, 2011, 17:26
Wow - that place has grown up. I was there when it opened, working a medical aid station. I spent a lot of time there the first two years it was open until I left for my next assignment. Thanks for posting - I have it book marked now.

Glenn

Thoe6969
August 29th, 2011, 02:20
Wow - that place has grown up. I was there when it opened, working a medical aid station. I spent a lot of time there the first two years it was open until I left for my next assignment. Thanks for posting - I have it book marked now.

GlennYeh it has grown a lot in the last ten years.

italoc
August 29th, 2011, 06:40
Thanks a lot !!!
I missed it.
Italo

bkeske
August 29th, 2011, 07:50
Thanks for the reminder. I have not been since a kid, and forgot how great that place is. And yes, it does look to have grown over the years.

May have to plan a day or two trip, and head down to Dayton in the next few days.

DarrenL
August 29th, 2011, 10:30
Donīt know if posted before (guess yes), anyway never too much...

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/full/tour-pkg.html

I think I can guess why you went there too :)

http://thumbsnap.com/s/zcm7vrDu.jpg

bkeske
September 8th, 2011, 13:00
Took me longer than I originally thought, but arrived in Dayton and the museum today. Barley got through the first area, and I was there for over 2 hours after arriving. Will be spending all day tomorrow and as much time as I need on Saturday.

Jeez, I'm in heaven. :wiggle:

Thanks for reminding me of a very special place that is practically 'in my backyard' compared to most.....can't believe I waiting so long since I was last here as a kid.

falcon409
September 8th, 2011, 19:41
Spent 26 years in the AF and never crossed paths with Wright-Pat or the Museum. . .how does that happen? lol
Now my son, is going there in about three weeks for Air Medivac School and then on to Pope for PCS. It'd be a kick to meet him up there for a weekend and go through this together. Thanks for posting.:salute:

bkeske
September 9th, 2011, 14:42
Incredible place falcon. Just spent another 6.5 hours today; I'm bushed, and my feet are sore :isadizzy:. That makes a total of about 9 hours thus far.....and I haven't seen everything yet! I still have a whole section to go, and really want to get to the 'Presidential' hanger, which is on the secure area of the base, so you have to sign-up for that and get shuttled over. I may do that first thing tomorrow morning, then hit the last area. Also thought about going to 'historic' Waco Field (1WF) tomorrow (not too far away in Troy) that hangers a few restored Waco's. But, we'll see. I'm getting bushed.

As a 'prop guy' I spent a ton of time in the early aviation and WWII areas, then hit the 'cold war' area....but once I get to the jets, I seem to loose some interest.What amazes me is how much the Dayton area, particularly Wright Field, was involved in the early development. I guess I never really realized it before.

Well worth the time, when I get a chance, perhaps I'll post a couple pics.