PDA

View Full Version : Good news for we Star Wars Geeks

Dangerousdave26
August 26th, 2011, 13:11
The time has come for the complete series on Blue Ray.

And as usual George is making a few changes to the movies. Mostly he is fixing mistakes fans have been complaining about for years. Some of those mistakes are mistake made the last few times the movies were released.

I look forward to it as I skipped the last few release. All of my copies are on VHS except for the last two and I have not had a VHS player for years.

The set will come with all the extra bells and whistles. I really hope there is a blooper reel.... real .... segment that's the one.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/star-wars-gets-tweaks-blu-ray-release-232658967.html

AndyG43
August 26th, 2011, 13:23
Mostly he is fixing mistakes fans have been complaining about for years.

He's cut Jar Jar Binks? :icon_lol:

Kiwikat
August 26th, 2011, 13:24
And as usual George is making a few changes to the movies. Mostly he is fixing mistakes fans have been complaining about for years. Some of those mistakes are mistake made the last few times the movies were released.

Han shot first.

Nuff said.

Kiwikat
August 26th, 2011, 13:24
He's cut Jar Jar Binks? :icon_lol:

YES PLEASE!

Piglet
August 26th, 2011, 19:14
Isn't this, like the 2429th re-release of the SW movies?!? Even a die-hard like me quit buying all those "new" editions...

Dangerousdave26
August 26th, 2011, 19:58
I skipped the last few releases just for that reason.

Naismith
August 26th, 2011, 22:07
I have only ever seen the first two movies, which would be I suppose episodes 4 & 5, how lucky am I? Never got the bug somehow. :sleep:

Edit - Actually to put it in context, tonight I sat down with the Mrs and watched Casablanca for the first time ever! Guess I have some catching up to do, I hear Cary Grant is quite a good actor, and who is this Marilyn Munroe or something I hear quite a lot about? And a certain Alfred Hirchcock can make quite the thriller supposedly..... lol

Chacha
August 27th, 2011, 07:34
I have not updated my SW collection,
I still have the VHS version
and then came DVDs
then the Blue Ray version
and then here comes the 3D ...
I can't cope up with technology!
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Kiwikat
August 27th, 2011, 20:50
I have not updated my SW collection,
I still have the VHS version
and then came DVDs
then the Blue Ray version
and then here comes the 3D ...
I can't cope up with technology!
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

I wore out my VHS's I watched them so much. Can't wait to have them on blu ray!

SpitXIV
August 27th, 2011, 22:27
It's kinda like the Extended versions of Lord Of The Rings Trilogy that Peter David put
out. If you have a hit on your hands milk it for all it's worth.

AndyG43
August 28th, 2011, 04:40
It's kinda like the Extended versions of Lord Of The Rings Trilogy that Peter David put
out. If you have a hit on your hands milk it for all it's worth.

Peter Jackson maybe? Actually, not quite the same, in my opinion anyway; Peter Jackson is a bit of a Tolkein fanboy (as am I) and wanted to do the best possible job at reproducing the books he loved - but cuts had to be made, in order to make films people would sit through. With the extended versions he has reinstated those cuts (directly into the film, not as 'DVD extras', which makes for a more satisfying film for us geeks; the third film, especially, works much better on the extended version as he put back in roughly 40 minutes of scenes which are vital (in many ways) to explaining why Aragorn is the returning king - when I watched this in the cinema their absence jarred badly. You know what they say, Tolkein is hobbit forming!! :icon_lol: And Jackson is a hero for me in other ways (apart from his wonderfully bad taste early films, check 'em out guys), with his keen interest in early aviation resulting in the restoration of many aircraft, including a Bristol Fighter.

But Lucas? Yep, definitely milked Star Wars for all it is worth - loved the original films (even more when the first remasters came along) but thought he was taking the mickey with the 'prequels' - got fed up with them, not even sure if I've seen the final one. Played the Lego version though!! :icon_lol:

Odie
August 28th, 2011, 06:51
Isn't this, like the 2429th re-release of the SW movies?!? Even a die-hard like me quit buying all those "new" editions...

Piglet, as the 6th different version of ARMY OF DARKNESS hit the shelves last year, it proves there can never be too many versions of any one movie !!!!! I'm currently waiting for the box set that collects all the AOD versions into one collection.....:icon_lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but it just goes to show you how creative they can get in re-re-releasing titles.

I bought the initial DVD release of the SW trilogy (the one with the extra footage) and that's been the only release that I've purchased.

Odie
August 28th, 2011, 06:54
Peter Jackson maybe? Actually, not quite the same, in my opinion anyway; Peter Jackson is a bit of a Tolkein fanboy (as am I) and wanted to do the best possible job at reproducing the books he loved - but cuts had to be made, in order to make films people would sit through. With the extended versions he has reinstated those cuts (directly into the film, not as 'DVD extras', which makes for a more satisfying film for us geeks; the third film, especially, works much better on the extended version as he put back in roughly 40 minutes of scenes which are vital (in many ways) to explaining why Aragorn is the returning king - when I watched this in the cinema their absence jarred badly. You know what they say, Tolkein is hobbit forming!! :icon_lol: And Jackson is a hero for me in other ways (apart from his wonderfully bad taste early films, check 'em out guys), with his keen interest in early aviation resulting in the restoration of many aircraft, including a Bristol Fighter.

But Lucas? Yep, definitely milked Star Wars for all it is worth - loved the original films (even more when the first remasters came along) but thought he was taking the mickey with the 'prequels' - got fed up with them, not even sure if I've seen the final one. Played the Lego version though!! :icon_lol:

After watching the LoTR extended cuts, it's really tough to watch the theatrical releases anymore! I agree, Jackson did a great job on the extended cuts and really gave LoTR fans their money's worth. I bought the DVD versions and the Blu-Ray versions.....most excellent story-telling.

Prowler1111
August 28th, 2011, 17:16
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

You know what this means, right? that in 5 years heīll release his "final version" of the 6 movies which will include the deleted scenes...
Iīm getting this!

Prowler

Wulf190
August 28th, 2011, 17:30
If they would have the option I'd just get Episodes 4-6. And I'd want the original Anakin back for the final scene, not the new guy.

robert41
August 28th, 2011, 18:50
One thing I always hated, was a release or rerun of a movie, tv show, and find out that it is different than the original. I seen the second and third SW movies in the theaters when they first came out. Also seen the enhanced movies in the theater. Prefer the originals.

Prowler1111
August 28th, 2011, 19:27
If they would have the option I'd just get Episodes 4-6. And I'd want the original Anakin back for the final scene, not the new guy.

In the latest dvd release you can select that particular scene, i donīt have that set (since i knew GL will make it useless in a short term) but i have a fellow SW geek who does and bragged about the option.Nope, you canīt change the Han Solo-Greedo scene--

Prowler

warchild
August 29th, 2011, 11:10
What good is not being able to change the solo-greedo scene?? I hated when they sugar coated Han in a BIG way.. I like him as a ruthless lil ****e :;lol;;..

dmaloof
August 29th, 2011, 11:28
Hi, yeah I plan to get blue-ray version but classic star wars. I just hope Lucas fixed the stormtrooper hitting his head against the ceiling in the detention block from episode IV. have all the dvd releases and not really watched them as much. gotta get back to that nostalgia although when youre older, you dont get the same feeling as when younger.

Kiwikat
August 29th, 2011, 14:52
What good is not being able to change the solo-greedo scene?? I hated when they sugar coated Han in a BIG way.. I like him as a ruthless lil ****e :;lol;;..

Lucas likes changing all sorts of stuff like that. Making the big dinosaur things fart, crowding the scene with a whole bunch of them, and stuffing in a bunch of annoying children that had too many lines. That was pretty much the sole purpose of Jar Jar Binks, to make the movie as painful as possible to watch.

I cannot imagine that the same guy directed both trilogies. They are so drastically different. I hope "The Hobbit" doesn't follow the same pattern!

If any of you haven't yet seen the Red Letter Media reviews of Ep I-III, GO DO IT NOW. They're stupidly funny. http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/