PDA

View Full Version : Warbirdsim P51c

Curtis P40
December 11th, 2008, 13:54
Happy Holidays
After waiting all week,Warbirdsim P51c (cd) has arrived! Now, how do I get it on my computer? I'm afraid I know alittle more about aircraft than computers. When the screen comes up for Directory should that be
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\?????
Thanks for any help. I'm really ready to trade the hanger for the sky.

Curt

TARPSBird
December 11th, 2008, 14:29
P40,
Assuming you have not named your FS9 something different than "Flight Simulator 9", that should be the correct target directory. I'm sure the P-51C has an auto-installer on the CD to put everything in the right folders. If you're comfortable with that, then just go ahead with the install.

fliger747
December 11th, 2008, 14:31
That would be the default directory unless you have installed it somewhere else. In the FS9 directory will be folders for aircraft/gauges/sound/effects which a typical installer will shoot the required files from your CD. If the plane does not show up in the aircraft selection some files such as sound files may not have installed. In that case see if they are in the P51C file under aircraft and copy their contents to the appropriate sound folder etc.

Not as obvious as it might be on first glance, but once you have worked through any issues, you will see the logical arangement.

Good luck! T.

Curtis P40
December 11th, 2008, 15:22
THANKS to all :wavey:

Just been around the patch and everything works great. I got a chance back in July to fly in the P51c "Betty Jane" of the Collings Foundation.
Man, What a ride!!! Warbirdsim's P51, looks great, and after a short flight,
flies nice, but I need alittle practice, been flying the DC-3 too long. The sound -brought back memories- WOW.

Curt