PDA

View Full Version : Little XP9 Mini Movie in the 172

Lionheart
December 11th, 2008, 11:26
Hey guys,

I couldnt sleep last night, so I thought I would make a quick little mini movie of a sim I have been playing around on lately in my spare time, X-Plane 9, also known as XP9.

M1ZO235DSQs

Fraps zapped my frame rates a bit. With Fraps video capture not running, my frame rates were always high and smooth.

Cloud shadows on ground, birds, autogen, runs TrackIR... Only 3 good planes though with VC's. I would say the hardest part on this sim is adjusting the key buttons. Once you have done that, its good fun.

I cant believe I mis-spelled 'scenery' at the end.... arrghh..........

Bill

Pepere
December 11th, 2008, 14:32
Nice Vid. Like the music.

David

Panther_99FS
December 11th, 2008, 15:18
Scottsdale looks quite nice there...:mixedsmi:

harleyman
December 11th, 2008, 17:19
:applause::applause::applause:

Very nice Lionheart......

note to self...Get Bill spell check for Christmas....:costumes:

I missed the birds,as there is snowflakes falling all over my screen for some reason here....

Lionheart
December 11th, 2008, 17:31
Thanks guys,

The music is available at iTunes as freeware Podcast downloads. Some great music and all with that element of Jazz.

Mason,

The birds came out almost invisible in the YouTube version. Kind of disappointed. Same with the panel detail and the runway tarmac detail. Just cant see what all is in the pic. I almost feel like uploading the movie to my FTP so people can see the pure version.

Bill

harleyman
December 11th, 2008, 17:46
Hmm I would like to see your full verson......I think I need spell check too... Version...There better...:costumes:

Headwind
December 11th, 2008, 21:12
Why isn't there more Dev's making planes or addon's for that. I got it a while back and once I got past the really long install time and setup I liked the scenery but the planes were the biggest let down. The only other thing I didnt' really care for was the lack of buildings at the airports. I would really consider buying addon's for xp9 if they were to the quality that they are in fsx if that is even possible.

Lionheart
December 12th, 2008, 01:14
Why isn't there more Dev's making planes or addon's for that. I got it a while back and once I got past the really long install time and setup I liked the scenery but the planes were the biggest let down. The only other thing I didnt' really care for was the lack of buildings at the airports. I would really consider buying addon's for xp9 if they were to the quality that they are in fsx if that is even possible.

Roger that. There are only about 3 birds in the package that are 'up to todays standards'. But there are a gazillion being done that are close behind or equal to todays standards. (over 2,000 addon GA planes alone from 1946 on...)

Scenery designers are now moving in also.

If you update to the newest build (updates for XP9) and go to Innsbruck and set full high detail settings for airport scenery, you'll see a complete high detail airport complete with chairs and sun umbrellas, cars in parking lots, tractors, baggage carts, static planes, etc.

I see this as a 'new territory.....' This is new land.... New skies... New possibilities...! And.. They have Mars!!!! woooo hoooooo!!!

:d

Bill

txnetcop
December 12th, 2008, 02:24
I also have X-P9.21 and was hoping that by now a change of seasons would be implemented. While I was wasn't overly impressed the the new global scenery as airports are still bare, at least new airports are being made my the community. AI is a mess, but like you said it is new territory that needs developing. I do like the addon freeware forest for Global scenery. Nice video Bill
Ted

n4gix
December 12th, 2008, 11:51
I suspect that a large part of the problem is the constantly moving target... somewhat similar to what faced designers during the first year of FSX's release. Until the two SP's were released for FSX, not much was happening.

gera
December 12th, 2008, 12:29
I also have X-P9.21 and was hoping that by now a change of seasons would be implemented. While I was wasn't overly impressed the the new global scenery as airports are still bare, at least new airports are being made my the community. AI is a mess, but like you said it is new territory that needs developing. I do like the addon freeware forest for Global scenery. Nice video Bill
Ted

You can get "Winter Season" free.......This sim is getting better by the day and there are many developers all over the world. quiete a number of airports have been enhanced with buildings, planes, cars etc....There are some pretty good "adventure flights" starting to pop up all over.....I bought it to full around and now have started my first scenery project....it is real nice. There are many Payware addons to, great photoscenery of many places...:applause::applause:..............Nice Video Bill, have you seen the new DH3?...just beautiful.