PDA

View Full Version : Dog Keeps Watch Over Fallen SEAL’s Casket During Funeral

CWOJackson
August 23rd, 2011, 11:44

Petty Officer Jon T. Tumilson was laid to rest Friday in Rockford, Iowa, where an estimated 1,500 mourners came to pay respects for the fallen Navy SEAL, including his dog Hawkeye. In fact, Hawkeye’s loyalty to his owner at the funeral was visible, creating a heart-wrenching image as he laid down by the casket of his owner during the entire service:

Videos at link: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/heart-wrenching-image-dog-keeps-watch-over-fallen-seals-casket-during-funeral/

CP1207
August 23rd, 2011, 13:31
I was going to write something, but a lot of dust in my office all of a sudden.
Thanks for posting.

OBIO
August 23rd, 2011, 13:44
Dogs....they have loyalty and love like no other animal....and clearly have a level of emotional attachment to their people that science just can't quantify.

A lady at our church, a good friend of my mother-in-law...her son knew all of those Seals killed in that helo crash. He was a member of their unit, or maybe is but is home on medical leave (not quite clear on which)...he has been traveling non-stop attending one service after another for his fallen brothers-in-arms.

OBIO

norab
August 23rd, 2011, 15:40
I was going to write something, but a lot of dust in my office all of a sudden.
Thanks for posting.

must be contagious

deathfromafar
August 23rd, 2011, 16:52
must be contagious

Me too, I'm too choked up & with burning eyes to type......:salute:

N2056
August 23rd, 2011, 17:04
Sometimes I'm glad I have a detached room for an office...:frown:

SpitXIV
August 23rd, 2011, 21:16
Can't hardly post screen's misting up.

Gdavis101
August 23rd, 2011, 22:26
Powerful image.. Lots of dust here too!

CWOJackson
August 31st, 2011, 11:43

The Iowa Hawkeyes football team hopes to pay tribute to Jon Tumilson during one of their home games in November by having "Hawkeye" lead the team onto the field.

http://homepost.kpbs.org/2011/08/hawkeye-the-dog-may-help-iowa-hawkeyes-in-tribute-to-fallen-seal/

TARPSBird
August 31st, 2011, 13:42
Dogs have a special bond with their masters that defies explanation. I once read where a guy was walking with his dog and the dog began behaving strangely. The dog was unmanageable so they cut the walk short and returned home. A few minutes later the guy began to experience heart attack symptoms. Fortunately he survived, due to the dog alerting and at least letting him know something bad was about to happen so he could get home where there was a phone to call 911.

Toastmaker
September 1st, 2011, 13:28
This story reminds me of this: