PDA

View Full Version : Quick Mini Movie in the XP9 172SP

Lionheart
December 11th, 2008, 11:19
Hey guys,

I couldnt sleep last night, so I thought I would make a quick little mini movie of a sim I have been playing around on lately in my spare time. This is X-Plane 9 or otherwise known as XP9.

M1ZO235DSQs

Fraps zapped my frame rates a bit. With Fraps video capture not running, my frame rates were always high and smooth.

Cloud shadows on ground, birds, autogen, runs TrackIR... Only 3 good planes though with VC's. I would say the hardest part on this sim is adjusting the key buttons. Once you have done that, its good fun.

Bill

EDIT: I mispelled SCENERY!!!! :banghead:

Wing_Z
December 11th, 2008, 11:29
X-Plane does have a lot going for it, doesn't it?
If there was no FS9 it would be no contest I think.

I find FS video-making a relatively frustrating experience.
As you point out, the FRAPS overhead is generally unacceptable (Was it always? In earlier versions I seem to remember better performance).
Then you have to squeeze your widescreen masterpiece into the Youtube tube which loses about 70% of the detail...
I've taken to uploading double-res versions and advising use of high detail which helps a little.

Lionheart
December 11th, 2008, 11:36
X-Plane does have a lot going for it, doesn't it?
If there was no FS9 it would be no contest I think.

GNZLAP

It does, I agree. Its sort of a mix between FSX and FS98 or FS2000. No AI, but tons of other things that FSX has that FS9 doesnt have. And you only have about 3 planes with high details on them. Otherwise, its loaded with things.

I find FS video-making a relatively frustrating experience.
As you point out, the FRAPS overhead is generally unacceptable (Was it always? In earlier versions I seem to remember better performance).
Then you have to squeeze your widescreen masterpiece into the Youtube tube which loses about 70% of the detail...
I've taken to uploading double-res versions and advising use of high detail which helps a little.

GNZLAP

I agree, its a huge pain. I dont see how people like Cody can make such nice films off of FS and so smoothly. And true, I think Fraps was running smoother but they did some updates to work with other systems, cards, and games and added a couple of features, and that was when it really dragged for me right after that. It never ran smoothly afterwards, and I am running 4 Gigs of RAM...

Oh well... :d

Good to know on double high resolution and requesting it. I'll have to remember that.

Bill