PDA

View Full Version : Testing The Waters Of FSX For The First Time

casey jones
August 18th, 2011, 09:52
I had bought FSX/accelation together sometime ago, it sat on my self and got dusty with time...FS9 is my big thing, then I decided to test the waters of FSX. The installation went very smooth everthing worked well. Then the enviroment of FSX began to unfold before me. First the scenry for FSX is outstanding. The add-ons for freeware scenery are just fantastic!! I spent the day D/L the airports I wanted and all went very well. The I went for the freeware planes...I was disappointed as most of them are FS9 modified to work in FSX which there are some that do not or they look strange. But then I found the native airplanes which are not many. I decided to just carefully pick out the native freeware airplanes and then I tested them, what I came up with was the native Piper Turbo Arrow which is very good. And also Mr Shupe's Beechcraft, it appears that most of the planes are payware....this I think could hold the sim back and not achive the heights of FS9. From what I read about MS FSX, the designers made the ability to make freeware planes very difficult by raising the bar this has discouraged freeware designers from building them as it is a steep learning curve..thus payware designers has gone full speed ahead with building new airplanes, in the end I think FSX is an outstanding sim platform and so I am in for the long haul with it with hopes it will continue to improve and expand its world FS9 will always stayon my system as I have much invested in it.

Cheers

Casey

swimeye
August 18th, 2011, 10:17
Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of FSX, as you already has noticed :wiggle:

I suggest you try out Pigletīs airplanes for FSX all of them are superb and really enhances your flight. My personal favourite is A29B Tucano, it is awesome.

Happy flying!!

Sieggie
August 18th, 2011, 10:52
This is probably one of the finest FSX freeware planes available.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?56295-Dino-s-T-45C-V2.10-latest-version-is-available!&highlight=dino+cattaneo (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?56295-Dino-s-T-45C-V2.10-latest-version-is-available%21&highlight=dino+cattaneo)

good luck

Dave

Naismith
August 18th, 2011, 12:15
I have to wonder is there some resurgence in FSX or has MS decided to push it again. I was in my local Best Buy the other day (tormentiing Geek Squad staff, hey its fun exposing what they don't know!) Anyway they had eight (8) copies of FSX Gold on the shelves where previously they have had none, for over a year. Sadly no FS2004, CFS3 or 4 or IL2 nor any of its spin offs.
Remarkable for a product that is approaching 5 years old.