PDA

View Full Version : Meow

Ickie
August 18th, 2011, 04:44
About 6 weeks ago a kitty took control of my fencened in side yard, since she showed no agression I started feeding her daily with 9 lives can cat food.
yesterday she finally spoke to me and my this mornig climbing all over me when I go out to see her.
She has learned the front yard belongs to Haney. Unlike most cats she is very quiet and is content in the side yard. Sometimes she sits on the window ledge looking in watching the 2 parrots, Toby is now saying "I tought I sow a putty kat"

AndyG43
August 18th, 2011, 06:37
Why does "Six Dinner Sid" spring to mind? :icon_lol:

sarwulf
August 18th, 2011, 07:12
Ickie,
Looks like she has adopted you! Congratulations!

HouseHobbit
August 18th, 2011, 07:24
Yea, I would say You are the proud owner of a kitten..
Bravo..
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Odie
August 18th, 2011, 08:12
The best kind of cat is the one that adopts you! I had an alley kitten that adopted us and I finally got him inside the house to be a house cat. He was the most loving cat we've ever had!

Congrats on being admitted into the feline family!:icon_lol:

Daveroo
August 18th, 2011, 08:28
good looking cat,,,,,

Terry
August 18th, 2011, 09:05
Now if you could teach the cat to eat those giant flies you would be in good shape!

AndyG43
August 18th, 2011, 09:14
Now if you could teach the cat to eat those giant flies you would be in good shape!

I had one that loved catching flies; pounce, in the mouth, spit, wait for fly to dry out/recover and start to take off and ...... pounce & repeat! Kept her occupied for hours! :icon_lol:

Ickie
August 18th, 2011, 10:44
I named her "Miss Kitty"

aeronca1
August 18th, 2011, 11:05
:icon_lol: Same thing happened to us. A neighbor said there was an injured cat under their van, and my wife took it in and fed it with an eyedropper until it could feed itself. We live near a wooded area with ferule cats and coyote packs. Near as we can figure, coyotes must have gotten the family, kitty wandered onto the road and schmuck.

It now jumps up on me as soon as I sit down anywhere, starts purring and goes to sleep. My wife says it's my "electric personality" and it causes her to do the same... Hrrrrrmmm....

Toastmaker
August 18th, 2011, 12:22
Good job, Ickie -

:running:

Navy Chief
August 19th, 2011, 04:37
That's a beautiful puddy tat!

NC

Ickie
August 19th, 2011, 06:49
she discovered the human touch today and how wonderful it feels to be man handled, lol
like most cats they do not like the belly being touched, but she found out how nice it really is, heck i like my belly getting rubbed too, lol

txnetcop
August 19th, 2011, 08:28
She's a cutie for sure! Looks like she's adopted ya! :O)
Ted

Moses03
August 19th, 2011, 09:07
i like my belly getting rubbed too

Ooohh. That is a lot of information.:icon_lol:

Cazzie
August 19th, 2011, 12:20
They're aliens Ickie! They'll take over your house. They know how to turn your water on to get a drink, but they haven't learned how to shut the flow off! :icon_lol:

Caz

HouseHobbit
August 19th, 2011, 13:20
Yes I have been trained by Her Highness Katastrophe to serve fresh water too..
It's bad when the Cat gets her Hobbit trained..:banghead:

SpitXIV
August 19th, 2011, 19:33
I had a cat that slept in the sink too, this one cat i had didn't like being left alone
so when I got home from work I found a whole roll of paper towels shredded up
and all over the kitchen floor. I've heard that they pick you as a pet and not the other way around. I like all animals, but I'm partial to cats, you don't have to take them out at
3 o'clock in the morning. just leave them food, water and a litterbox and your ok. Nice pictures
BTW.

Blackbird686
August 20th, 2011, 04:20
I had the same thing happen to me, an alley kitten (8 MONTHS OLD) slowly became accustomed to sitting with me on the deck in my back yard. Eventually I started feeding him table scraps and Purina Cat Chow. One thing led to another and soon he was comming inside the house. It took him a bit to get used to my other two cats, "Neytiri", (Siamese) and "Zuhl", (Russian Blue) but eventually they came around. What was a real surprise was how well the new kitten got along with my dog, "Nikkita" (A Shepherd, Shibu mix) The two were instant friends. Now "Midnight" is a perminant fixture in my household.

BB686:USA-flag:

Ickie
August 20th, 2011, 06:37
I knew it was a matter of time and it happened........
Miss kitty decided to sleep on the front porch in my comfortable lounge, and when i let Haney out at 6 am ...Haney went KKKat NNNNippin', Haney is 11 and she was boned in Alabama as a coon dog, coon dogs do not give up and have been known to die in their tracks chasing a raccoon.
Well Haney came home 1 hour later with a smile on her face.
About 9 am I opened the curtains and Miss Kitty was there lookin' in and Haney seen her, lol, Haney dropped 2 years and went ballistic, "let me out" ..."I need to go" .."hurry hurry" ... "I want to go out now" I haven't seen her excited like this in years. I took her on a walk, she pulls like a leed sled dog.
Miss kitty is safe because Haney cannot get into the side fenced in yard.

Tako_Kichi
August 20th, 2011, 07:12
I took her on a walk, she pulls like a leed sled dog.
If Haney pulls like that on a walk try her on a 'head collar' (Gentle Leader is one well known brand.... http://www.buygentleleader.com/View.aspx?page=dogs/products/behavior/gentleleader/description ).

Our English Springer Spaniel pulls like crazy on a regular collar but on a head collar a small child can easily walk him. It's like power steering for dogs and works much like a bridle on a horse (but without the 'bit'). If the dog tries to pull it just goes around in circles (where the head goes the body will follow) and soon learns it's not worth the effort to pull anymore. It made a world of difference for us after my wife had wrist surgery (both wrists) and I am disabled with ME/CFS and don't have the strength to hold back a hard pulling dog anymore.

Ickie
August 21st, 2011, 14:55
Today, Miss Kitty got into my lap, "Oh the joys of humans" and she did not slice me to ribbons, lol,
She was a little skittich thou.
It is a shame she will never be allowed into the house, My 2 old parrots mean a lot to me and I will not en danger their lifes.
I did make her a nice bed above the dryer in the landry room attached to my place. She can come and go as she pleases.

HighGround22
August 21st, 2011, 15:41
The best kind of cat is the one that adopts you! I had an alley kitten that adopted us and I finally got him inside the house to be a house cat. He was the most loving cat we've ever had! . . . .
Yeah, the very same thing happened to us, here in Nova Scotia. He's strictly an "indoor" cat now -- just the way he likes it -- and of all the cats we've had over the past 48 years, he's the most attentive and loving cat we've ever had. And that's saying something, considering some of the little darlin's.

Ickie
December 7th, 2011, 11:15
sad news she came up missing 4 days ago and today I found her dead under my house, it looks like she was poisoned. I buried her.

Tako_Kichi
December 7th, 2011, 11:30
Sorry to hear this Ickie.

Toastmaker
December 7th, 2011, 11:35
Well. . . crap !

Chacha
December 7th, 2011, 15:25
RIP Miss Kitty!

Daveroo
December 7th, 2011, 18:03
oh geeese i hate to hear that.....i wont even let haley out anymore....to many mean people in this world.....my ex girlfriend poisened my last cat i had...bandit....she used to climb the hats i had on the chain on my swag lamp over my bed and drop on me...or my "bedmate" ( before i met that gf) to wake me/us....was "cute" for awhile.....id hear YOWL open my eyes in time to see bandit falling on me