PDA

View Full Version : 1st ETO Mission attempt

richcreator
August 17th, 2011, 22:58
Whew, finally got to get a look at ETO; got it installed on my aux PC with WinXP.
First mission with a French Armoured car. Started with brakes engaged engine off. Started engine and released brakes and started driving toward the enemy
and, lo and behold, an unknown force took over my steering and I had no control and this unknown force now engaged my brakes and I couldn't release them nohow.
Ended game, started game, same senerio, ended game, started game AGAIN and same thing and came here with my story.
What unknown thrills lurk ahead in this great expansion to cfs3? :isadizzy:

HouseHobbit
August 18th, 2011, 00:00
Welcome to the world of Mission Building..
It just takes a bit of practice..
And check the Knowledge base on CFS3 here at SOH for tips..

Driveable vehicles are a trick to master..:jeep0a:

They really aren't meant to be in CFS3(ETO)
It is a Flight sim, not a vehicle sim..
But with this said, You can learn to master driving them..:costum:

Very Pleased to see a a New Mission Builder trying out this skill..
BRAVO..:applause: :applause: :applause:

Keep it up and don't be afraid to mess up, I do often..:banghead:

With a bit of practice, and experience I think you will do well..
Don't become discouraged, it just takes time to learn the ins and outs of the CFS3 game engine and how it works, or in some cases doesn't work..

Each day I learn something new with CFS3 and Mission Building, and it is fun to do..

richcreator
August 18th, 2011, 03:32
OMG . . .

I was so tickled to see the GO FLY in the eto_installation_guide.pdf that, now after some needed z's,
I realize now that I completely forgot about the updates :isadizzy::pop4:

> > > forward 30 minutes > > > I'm installing update 1.20 and searching for the ETO Expansion path and it's nowhere

and, yes, :banghead: :banghead:, . . I'm searching on my Win7 PC.

richcreator
August 19th, 2011, 05:33
Major crash on my aux PC XP - lost my bootup 'ntldr' and lost everything including ETO. Spent at least 12 hrs trying to restore the ntldr but resorted to a clean factory reinstall. In the meantime waiting for Windows XP to install I tried again to install ETO on my Win7 PC and succeeded. Preparing for the 1.20 update, I did the necessary changes as per the pdf instructions. Set spawn to 1. When I opened Start to set my ERA to 1, I didn't get what I expected,
as per the attached images below. ETO is successfully installed as per the last image. cfs3 cannot be found?

Somebody must be able to see what might be wrong.

I did da cfs3.exe compat change, da MASTERETSTARTUP.bat change, da GLSWAPPER.bat change.......

whoopsa, I got it - forgot about the line way way way down at the bottom of da page! :isadizzy:. . . .never mind :icon_lol:

popsaka
August 19th, 2011, 13:31
:icon_lol: I feel for ya matey, I really really do ...an' I'm sooo glad it ain't me -though I'm sure my turn will come around bye 'n bye ------------:kilroy:-------------- (:ç(=)