PDA

View Full Version : Free fly-by camera utility?

PilatusTurbo
August 16th, 2011, 21:42
Title says it all. I read about this a couple days ago, but the searches I conducted yielded no results.

Please let me know what you use, because tower view gets boring over time.

roger-wilco-66
August 16th, 2011, 22:21
EZDOK? http://www.ezdok-software.com/

Cheers,
Mark

PilatusTurbo
August 16th, 2011, 23:25
I just discovered something really cool in FSX. Click your view button on your stick, or hit S on the keyboard to change views. Then hit A on your keyboard, and cycle through all the different views.

This works well on the Carenado Bonanza, however, in spot view the flyby was the first "next" camera angle. You don't even need an addon. Just hit A on your keyboard when in certain views, and cycle through them.

At first, I thought my VC got screwed up in the process, because I was hitting A and S simultaneously. But, once I figured it out, all the sudden there are so many cool views and angles for each different view (VC, spot, tower, top down).

Y'all gotta check this out; it's not a glitch, as I read earlier tonight in a different thread. Hit A when in any different view and see what happens. If your VC view gets screwed up, just keep hitting A slowly to see if it cycles back to its original position.

robertorizzo
August 17th, 2011, 00:29
FS Recorder let us to set new cockpit, tower, spot views. Among these last ones, you can choose between linked to aircraft heading, linked to direction, flyby and free camera to move around with the mouse. I would like to use this feature, but i can do it once in a hundred times. I still do not know how to set it well. And i really would like to. Otherwise, in spot view, you can set a keyboard command to pan&zoom around the aircraft very fast and always very smoothly. This way you can even change the focus point not just at the center of the plane but away from it in every x,y,z direction from it. At last they say Walk & Follow is a good way to set a free camera, but i've never tried it.
Hope this could help.

heywooood
August 17th, 2011, 06:13
no matter what view you are in...pressing F9 will return you to the VC pilots viewpoint..no need to cycle

Dangerousdave26
August 17th, 2011, 17:51
Are not the different views defined in the aircraft.cfg file as camera views?

I always thought that is where they came from.