PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G940 in FSX

brettt777
August 15th, 2011, 10:23
I got the G940 and like many, I love the look and feel of the thing for the most part but there are software/compatibility issues. Here's what I'm seeing. All the basic pitch/roll/rudder/throttle/mixture/propeller controls work fine in FSX (although I haven't got all the joystick trims to work yet but I think I know what to do there). The buttons are the issue. If I go into game controllers settings in Win 7, or in the profiler, all the axis and buttons are there and work as advertised. Once I get into FSX, most of the buttons don't work at all. So I try to set up the controls while in the game and what I have found is that all the buttons that don't work show up in the game as keyboard entries, i.e. I try to assign button 4 on the joystick to a function and instead of showing as button 4, it shows as a keyboard L or S or /. I was running the G940 through a USB hub along with several other devices including a keyboard. So I plugged it directly into a USB port but that didn't change anything. Most of the joystick/throttle buttons show up as a keyboard entry and don't work in flight (I believe the keyboard entries that the buttons showed as, did function in flight).
So, I've updated everything and tried everything I can think of. Is there some different combination of SW/FW than the newest versions from Logitech that will make this thing work right? I've also tried it in CFS2 and Falcon 4.0. I didn't use the profiler; instead I set the thing up directly in the game. CFS2 was a little quirky but I managed to make it work. Falcon 4 worked fine. What could be making my controller buttons show up as keyboard entries in FSX? :banghead:

peter12213
August 15th, 2011, 15:22
After config you must shut down fsx mate, then it will save!

brettt777
August 15th, 2011, 19:19
After config you must shut down fsx mate, then it will save!

Soooo.... I configure the G940 in the profiler with FSX open, then I have to shut down FSX to get it to save? Or, after I do the setup in FSX, I have to shut it down to get to save...? If it's the later, therein lies the problem. I can't get it to set up properly in FSX. It seems to do a proper setup in the profiler but I don't see it in FSX.

Dain Arns
August 15th, 2011, 20:43
You're overthinking. :icon_lol:

First off, if you haven't already, go to "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software".
Inside that folder is the Game Setup Guide .pdf file.
Open that and read it.
The very first part of that guide tells you exactly what you need to do to setup the G940 for FSX.
Next you have to have the Profiler running, and set up to run the profile for FSX when it starts up.
It's that easy.

EDIT: And I have nothing assigned in FSX, other than the various axis as described in the guide. The Profiler handles all the key commands just fine, for me anyway.

brettt777
August 16th, 2011, 05:50
You're overthinking. :icon_lol:

First off, if you haven't already, go to "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software".
Inside that folder is the Game Setup Guide .pdf file.
Open that and read it.
The very first part of that guide tells you exactly what you need to do to setup the G940 for FSX.
Next you have to have the Profiler running, and set up to run the profile for FSX when it starts up.
It's that easy.

EDIT: And I have nothing assigned in FSX, other than the various axis as described in the guide. The Profiler handles all the key commands just fine, for me anyway.

Outstanding. That's what I needed to know. I will try it tonight. Thanks a billion and God bless!