PDA

View Full Version : New PC?

moonbutter2
August 14th, 2011, 11:14
Howdy,

I am thinking about getting a new PC. Will CFS2 run on the new stuff? Will it run better? Cfs2 Crashes after every mission on my old computer. My wife's computer is nice but it has Vista on it and I want to shoot it every now and then. Acctually every thing Bill Gates makes needs some lead added to it every now and then. He is like a crack dealler. He gets you hooked on his stuff and everything is cool, then all the side effects kick in and make look at a note book from Apple. Can a Mac run CFS2? Some one real me back in if i sound crazy. I know, it's probably too late. Is the icon above winking or is that an eye twitch.

Moon

kwb737
August 14th, 2011, 11:57
I have windows 7 and it runs well on it.

Wulf190
August 14th, 2011, 16:08
CFS2 runs on windows 7, but mirrors or turret views do not work. I dunno why either.

CFS2 still runs best on XP.

Maxstuka
August 14th, 2011, 17:46
CFS2 runs on windows 7, but mirrors or turret views do not work. I dunno why either.

CFS2 still runs best on XP.

This is a problem with the video card, I have win 7 x 86, with a new pc and without errors.

I was similar problems with you, with a old machine like sempron and a bad unboard video card.

I have varius news pc in AMD, like socket am2+ and am3 with chipset ATI and never has grafics problems.

there is the Northbridge that has in this mothers.

890GX Radeon HD 4290 700 MHz
790GX Radeon HD 3300 500 Mhz
780G Radeon Hd 3200 500 Mhz

the 3 rum CRYSIS 2 but, with the 890gx only ,this heavy game can be played on low graphs with good performance, fps.Nice work for a onboard video.

the ATI onboard video card, are fantastic, low temperature compared to Nvidea, and if you no use heavy games, there is all that you need.

I discovered, that the only think to acelerated, some load in CFS2 is the HD. I has a monster 890gx with a phenom x 6 runing @ 3700mhz with 8 gigabyte of Ram in dual chanel, and the load in cfs2 of some thinks, no change, But I replace the wester digital caviar blue of 7200rpm with a 10.000 velociraptor, and
these things cargo, accelerated a little but with load cfs2 in a
SSD 60gb, and
the results are impressive, the game load scenarios and the long list of 200 aircraft in the menu without feeling any small waits even,
the conclusion is that you sometimes the disk rigid bottle neck, makes more than the machine it is excellent, there is no neglect this device.but it is really very expensive, to improve this part of the pc.

I use only a actual game that play in this SSD unit.I has the system and all in a Hd

Sorry for my bad speak

Hern07
August 14th, 2011, 20:06
I have windows 7 64-bit and I have had some minor problems (might be my computer.) I downloaded a custom install stright to the hard drive and haven't had any problems since. Note though, I am one of the very few who have reported any problems at all.

bobhegf
August 14th, 2011, 23:15
A fellow has a eather new or just rebuilt pc. He said he is running CFS2, and FSX all of them maxed out. He is running Win7 64 bit,CFS2between I think he said 120FPS up to at times 500FPS Most of the time it runs I think about 180 to 200FPS.He has not reported any problems yet.Out of the rateings 7.9 being the best his comes out at about 7.2 or 7.3.I think we have about maxed out CFS2 with win7.

I had just done a rebuild on this machine when I lost my old online machine so I had no choice but to put this one on line. I have had so many problems that I have stoped playing any games untill I can get my old pc up and running again and rebuild this one inorder to increase the FPS.Never again will I put my game PC online.

Shadow Wolf 07
August 15th, 2011, 05:46
The sim runs fine on my Win7 64 bit laptop with all the bells and whistles maxed out. Mission Builder runs great too... :applause:

wolfi
August 15th, 2011, 08:44
CFS2 runs well, very well on my Windows 7 installation's I use win7 64bit and also win7 32 bit on an older PC because FSDS 2.4 unfortunately doesn't run on 64 bit systems
I use Nvidia graphics cards and intel CPU's on all my PC's. I sugest for a Win 7 system you should install 4 GB memory.

wolfi

moonbutter2
August 15th, 2011, 13:01
THis is good news! I thought for sure I would have to keep "Frankin Stien" (My computor that I keep alive with other PC's parts) going.

Can you all run Rami's missions with no studdering?

misson
August 16th, 2011, 18:51
THis is good news! I thought for sure I would have to keep "Frankin Stien" (My computor that I keep alive with other PC's parts) going.

Can you all run Rami's missions with no studdering?

only if u have the same machine than max!:icon_lol: