PDA

View Full Version : FSGenesis SRTM

T Square
August 3rd, 2011, 14:51
I'm doin some desk cleaning and came across some CD's I bought from FSGenesis. I bought this 90M SRTM Mesh years ago. It says it's for FS2000, FS2002 and FS2004.

My question is would it work on CFS2 ?

It's a complete set, North America including Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada. Mexico & South America, Asia & Pacific, Europe & Africa, and a World Terrain Buffer.

I can't remember anymore but I thought most anything that worked in FS2000, would work in CFS2, I'm I correct in this assumption ?

olaf1924
August 3rd, 2011, 16:06
T square I tried justins mesh and can report to you central land areas look good but coastal areas do not. I found the coast of japan to have hills where the ocean is and vice versa.

rhumbaflappy
August 4th, 2011, 05:24
Justin's mesh is very good. Generally, if you have water hills near the coasts, it's because the CFS2 watermasks are faulty. It's usually not the mesh.

Dick

T Square
August 4th, 2011, 12:48
rhumbaflappy
Justin's mesh is very good. Generally, if you have water hills near the coasts, it's because the CFS2 watermasks are faulty. It's usually not the mesh.

Dick

Do your watermask files work with them ? By the way Ihave a lot of your work and it is outstanding, Thank You.

:ernae:

rhumbaflappy
August 5th, 2011, 06:24
I wouldn't be surprised if the watermasks work with them.

In the mesh I made, I used SRTM data. But I cheated with the coasts by taking the SRTM data masks, enlarging the water area by a pixel or two, and reflattening the SRTM data itself, before resampling it to a BGL.

This makes my mesh overly flat at the coast areas. I'm sure Justin's mesh is not flattened at the coasts. Why did I do that? The biggest complaint about mesh is that there are water bumps at the coastal areas.

Dick

T Square
August 6th, 2011, 06:39
I have an install of CFS2 that I play with I'll give it a shot and let you know. I will also add a couple of MRs scenery with it and see how they match up.