PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Hispano 20mm cannon sounds

Shessi
August 2nd, 2011, 03:39
Hi Folks,
Wanted to get genuine Hispano HS404 20mm cannon sounds for allied ac. Found good genuine Hispano HS804 sounds (twin set-up version).

Messed around with the sound, doubled it up and made two sounds, one for the internal which is slightly muted, the effect of inside and wearing pilot helmet. Second one external. There is no echo, as in reality, so near the ac, there'd be none.

As this affects ALL 20mm cannon sounds in your CFS2, it should be no prob as the German MG151 had very similar rates of fire of 600-750 RPM.

These are genuine Hispano 20mm cannon sounds, uploading now, give them a go, see if you like 'em!

Cheers Shessi

ps. Can also be put into CFS3.

tobob
August 2nd, 2011, 04:15
"Sounds" awesome Shessi! Thanks!

:icon29::icon29::icon29:

tobob

Rami
August 2nd, 2011, 19:39
Shessi,

Thank you, the sounds are outstanding, and the files are now ready for downloading! :salute:

Strafing_run
August 3rd, 2011, 03:03
The sound is nice and clear but seems to be running very fast when I replay it compared to other 20mm sounds - is it supposed to be like that?

Shessi
August 3rd, 2011, 14:23
Hi SR,
Appreciate your thoughts, and here's my reasoning:-
Although M$ created their own 20mm cannon sound, unfortunately it is of a single weapon, with a bit of echo. It sounds fairly good but slighly unrealistic in that there is no echo in the sky..nothing solid to bounce sound waves off! ;), also that it is only a single weapon, there being very few single 20mm cannon armed ac on any side. A P38 maybe, and.......?

My sound file is of an Hispano HS804 twin 20mm cannon, firing at 650-700 rpm, it was in stereo, and with a bit of tweaking I created 2 x HS804 i.e. 4x20mm firing still at the above rpm.
Don't forget a one second burst of x4 Hispano cannons = 40+ cannon shells fired, so that is why it sounds fast. All US, British and German 20mm cannon had similar rates of fire of 600-750 rpm, so even a single 20mm cannon would fire 10-12 rounds per second, which M$'s sound does not come anywhere near.

The reason why x4 cannon? Well, it fits a lot of ac i.e. Mossie, Typhoon, Tempest, Spitfire, Hurricane IIC, certain marks of Fw190, Me109, He219, Me110 and Ju88, Pe2, IL2/10, certain Japanese ac.

Rami,
Glad you like 'em.

Cheers Shessi

Strafing_run
August 4th, 2011, 19:36
Hi Shessi,
Thanks for the explanation - I wasn't being critical, just wasn't sure if it was just my setup or what the go was. I will drop them in my Europe install and take the Typhoon for a bit of a prowl :icon29: Just out of curiosity - would it be possible to modify these to reflect a twin cannon setup at all?

Shessi
August 5th, 2011, 00:23
Hi SR,
No problem, (TBH no reason at all why you shouldn't be critical, that's how things get better...hopefully! ;) )

And yes, I'll have a look over the weekend and give you a shout.

Cheers

Shessi

demorier
August 5th, 2011, 01:00
I'd like to try it out Shessi....where can I find the download ? I get so lost in the library here.

Strafing_run
August 5th, 2011, 01:08
Here you go.....

demorier
August 5th, 2011, 01:10
That was quick...thank S.