PDA

View Full Version : graphics issue

Pat Pattle
July 29th, 2011, 23:39
Can anyone help with this one please..

For a while now I've been getting this graphics issue with the ui pilot. Apart from the texture which shouldn't cause any problems it's the stock animation. Somthing similar happens with one of my sons shoot 'em up games. Is my card on the way out?

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/cfs3graphicsissue.jpg

hairyspin
July 30th, 2011, 00:26
Open the case, apply stream of compressed air to all heatsinks and fans? (the ndicki method - clouds of dust, much coughing and sneezing!) Remove any large lumps of plaster and plasterboard while you're at it...

popsaka
July 30th, 2011, 15:49
...It may be an issue with the way the m3d takes a texture... Have you noticed some of the static airfield figures have disappearing legs? (well, mine do anyway) :running:

Daiwilletti
July 30th, 2011, 17:19
Hi Clive, looks like some tweaking of your config settings is in order. There looks like tearing of textures going on. IIRC parameters like vsynch, which matches rates of something or other to the refresh rate of the monitor, helps to stop tearing of images and triangular artifacts.

Set prerender limit to 3 frames, and turn vsynch on and see what happens. This is done in graphics card tweaking software like the stock Nvidia software, or Rivatuner.

You may have to experiment with other tweaks. One thing that happens is the "dual pass render" option in config.exe seems to get switched on every so often. I usually switch this off and switch on the next box down the checklist.

I'm sure a bit of optimisation will fix it.

David

Pat Pattle
July 31st, 2011, 02:35
Hi Clive, looks like some tweaking of your config settings is in order. There looks like tearing of textures going on. IIRC parameters like vsynch, which matches rates of something or other to the refresh rate of the monitor, helps to stop tearing of images and triangular artifacts.

Set prerender limit to 3 frames, and turn vsynch on and see what happens. This is done in graphics card tweaking software like the stock Nvidia software, or Rivatuner.

You may have to experiment with other tweaks. One thing that happens is the "dual pass render" option in config.exe seems to get switched on every so often. I usually switch this off and switch on the next box down the checklist.

Thanks David, I tried that plus checking/unchecking other options but to no avail. I did get cfs3 looking a bit crisper though so it was a worthwhile exercise. Thinking about it it may be connected to this new monitor I've got, I'll try mucking about with the screen settings in the card and config.exe.

Pops - your pc is ok, some of those original figures have holes in them! I will get around to fixing them one day....

Open the case, apply stream of compressed air to all heatsinks and fans? (the ndicki method - clouds of dust, much coughing and sneezing!) Remove any large lumps of plaster and plasterboard while you're at it...

Tom - Yes I'll do that, it has been rather dusty around here recently!!

popsaka
July 31st, 2011, 03:17
...Thanks Clive. Also, in my antiquated machine the main power supply hook up to the motherboard is slowly corroding and therefore getting hot and losing contact...
This in turn undermines the graphics bus and makes for some horrible artifact explosions... I only hope this ain't your problem :icon_lol:

You know, I took another look at your screenie and it looks exactly like mine (though to a lesser degree) that is, the artifacts radiate from the center(?) If the wires on the multi-segment plug are getting hot then you'll know... If you decide to clean it be careful. The heat makes the plug's plastic quite brittle.