PDA

View Full Version : Installing AICarriers2 !?!?!?

VaporZ
July 27th, 2011, 08:51
Installing AICarriers2 ?

Wanting to add some Nimitz and Clemenceau aircraft carrier to land on and catapult from, I first installed AICarrier2 as recomended.

I have the appropriate Java software as recommended and installed it with the auto installer.

No problem there.

Launching FSX after this installation it then ask them if I accept this new software
I accept.
It then ask me if I want and automatic opening of AICarrier2 each time I open FSX
I accept.

Now my question :

Where is it on FSX ?

AICarrier2 read me file indicate :

After installation, a menu item should appear in under "Add-ons" in FS titlebar.

What FS Title bar ?
Where is this famous "Add-ons" ? under what FS titlebar ?
What is the title of this menu item ?

I do not find anything new in any titlebars of all pages available on FSX.

The main control panel for inserting an AI fleet or controlling it can be displayed by this menu item.

Alternatively, a keyboard shortcut (shift + j by default) can be used too.

Shift + J is not working.
Why ?

Thanks for the help !
If possible with detailed illustrations !
:redf:
VaporZ

letourn
July 27th, 2011, 09:17
Ai Carriers do have some problem with certain Java update.Did you reboot and try another install of Aicarrier

lazarus
July 27th, 2011, 09:18
from a post the other day. Its like a broken record. Never mind all that other crap. This is a kluge around the java bug, but it works. Aah kluge, its the hackers vasaline.

"You've put in AI Carriers and nothing shows in ADDONS in the FSX tool bar? Poor you! OK, then. Un install AI Carriers.
make sure you have JAVA run time environment installed. The latest version is fine. Run AI Carriers installer, and at the folder location prompt, select the folder that your main FSX folder is in,
NOT the main FSX folder. Mine is in (C)/Program Files (x86)/MICROSOFT GAMES. The EXE.file will be in user/app data/roaming/microsoft/FSX. Same as the FSX config file. The installer does it all,
so don't worry about it. Open the folder where you have installed AI Carriers- the same folder your FSX install is in. You should see a folder labeled AI Carriers. Open it.You will see a blue square icon with white
chequers. Right click on it, and select 'pin to task bar'. This creates a start short cut for the application. Start FSX, select 'load AICarriers' ect, when the prompt comes up. load your aircraft and airport. Hit fly now. Once the simulator is loaded and running, hit
alt+enter. this minimises the sim to desktop. Right click the AICarriers icon on the task bar, select 'run as administrator'. In a moment a window pops up- 'connected to FSX'. Minimise this window. Alt+enter to go back to full screen. Shift+J brings up the AI carriers menu.
Enjoy. Its a bit of a kluge around what ever bug keeps AI Carriers from showing in the FSX menu bar. Works fine. Some times it will be in the menu bar when you start the sim, other times not. It can be started at any time while you are flying. You can also start AI Carriers
several times- I've had as many as 5 running with no problems, which alows you to run many fleets or ships on multiple headings, in a task group, or in different locations. The AI Carriers config file is in the AI Carriers folder. Ship or fleets are added just like adding repaint
to an aircraft config file. Copy and paste the lines below to the config file, and renumber in sequence. "

so you've got to start it manually. I start AIcarriers after I've the sim loaded up, right before hitting the magic fly now button. Works like a charm.
Bon Chance.

fliger747
July 27th, 2011, 10:44
My AI Carriers stopped working a while back, after a Java update. Recently I uninstalled java and did a fresh current Win7 install and it works normally.

T

VaporZ
August 11th, 2011, 03:38
Good day

Still unable to operate AI Carrier2

After installing it when I double click on the aicarrier "blue square" I receive this
error message en a box from my PC :

Error

java.langIllegalArgumentException:port out of range:-1
at java.netInetSocketAddress.init(Unknownsource)
at flightsim.simconnect.SimConnect. init(SimConnect.java:176)
at flightsim.aicarriers.AICarriersManage.initConnecti on(AIcarriersmanager.java:146)
at flightsim.aicarrier.AICarriersManager.init(AICarri ersManager,java:96)
at flightsim.aicarrioers.Main.main(Main.java:36)

I have the most recent version of Java and it worked perfectly well, notably to follow real time live timing at each Formula One race !

Questions :

We are in 2011 !

Why FSX Carrier operations are only for the lucky ones, members of some secret society, who all have a Data PHD from the MIT ?

Why the add-ons for carrier operations on FSX are not easy to use, seamless auto install, no problems plug and play, Add-Ons !
:redfire:
A very furious and frustrated VaporZ

AndyG43
August 11th, 2011, 05:40
I share your pain VaporZ; the problem seems to stem from the latest version of Java, r26, whatever I do, all of the workarounds I've found, I just can't avoid that crash. Microsoft were never a fan of Java and although aicarriers s a 3rd part product I suspect it stems from a basic MS/Java issue.

I have finally been able to get things running, but only by installing an older Java version (http://www.oldapps.com/java.php?old_java=35?download), not sure if that will be any help to you?