PDA

View Full Version : Steve Lacey was killed

Francois
July 25th, 2011, 00:29
http://www.king5.com/home/Road-rage-suspected-in-fatal-Kirkland-crash-126093229.html

Steve Lacey was on many people's 'friend list', in a number of industries, not in the last place in the Flightsim communities all over the world. He was one of the key graphical geeks of MS Flight Simulator (among many other things) and worked at Google these past years.

I met Steve once for real, and we exchanged mails and messages over a period of more than 12 years.

He will be missed most of all by his wife and kids and other relatives and all of his friends and (former) colleagues all over the world.

Steve was a Brit, a gentleman, a great guy and a brilliant computer geek. We'll all miss him so much :salute:

Naismith
July 25th, 2011, 00:51
Very sad news.

wombat666
July 25th, 2011, 02:23
You never know what is around the next corner.
Sad loss to all.
:kilroy:

rhumbaflappy
July 25th, 2011, 04:38
Although Steve was not involved in the production of Flight, he had been very involved in the coding of Microsoft flight sims dating back to CFS2. Many of us use his code every day.

He leaves behind his wife and two kids. Sad beyond words.

Dick

IFlySWA
July 25th, 2011, 07:50
Horrible...just horrible. :frown:

DennyA
July 25th, 2011, 10:23
This is just so tragic. I'm sad for Steve and his family beyond words. And over something so idiotic and pointless as road rage.

Willy
July 25th, 2011, 10:49
Totally senseless. I hope they throw the book at the other driver.

crashaz
July 25th, 2011, 13:38
This news is making the rounds on Facebook as well. Very sad news, he will be missed and my condolences go out to his friends and family as well.

I got to meet Steve twice.... he was really proud of CFS2... one of the few on the team that liked to talk about it. His talents.... and all he shared with us made him a very special FS fan and even better person.

Big loss today.

SpitXIV
July 25th, 2011, 20:11
Totally senseless. I hope they throw the book at the other driver.

I do to, senseless deaths are such a waste. It's summer out there folks let's keep
a cool head ok. It's harder for the wife she just celebrated their wedding anniversary.

Roger
July 26th, 2011, 04:16
Such a waste...so sorry to read this.

Pauke! Pauke!
July 26th, 2011, 14:42
Totally absurd and senseless! The perpetrator was 56 years old? Was he impaired? I drive alot all over the country. I can't undersand how somebody could get so worked up to want to get in to a high speed chase with someone just because you were cut off. A totally reckless and irresponsible act.

b52bob
July 28th, 2011, 19:32
His blood alcohol level was .025 - three times the limit. A witness said when he got out of his vehicle he pounded his chest like King Kong.

Washington has a maximum sentence of 3 1/2 years for this. That is the true crime.

He was released on bail but later rearrested when the judge saw what he did. Set bail at 1 million now.

Naismith
July 28th, 2011, 21:56
His blood alcohol level was .025 - three times the limit. A witness said when he got out of his vehicle he pounded his chest like King Kong.

Washington has a maximum sentence of 3 1/2 years for this. That is the true crime.

He was released on bail but later rearrested when the judge saw what he did. Set bail at 1 million now.

That would be the case for DWI but if they were brave enough to charge him with Vehicular Homicide under Chapter 9a.20 RCW, he could get life. Given the circumstances of what has been reported, that would seem appropriate. Otherwise whatever time time he has in jail whilst awaiting trial will be shaved off his sentence anyhow.
Ultimately there is no justice in this type of crime. There are still children and a wife waiting for Dad to come home but he never can.

b52bob
July 29th, 2011, 08:03
He is charged with vehicular homicide but Washington has a max sentence of 3 1/2 years for this crime! The legislature has tried in the past to get the sentence lengthened but to no avail. This info was from the Seattle newspaper yesterday.

Pauke! Pauke!
July 29th, 2011, 14:13
He is charged with vehicular homicide but Washington has a max sentence of 3 1/2 years for this crime! The legislature has tried in the past to get the sentence lengthened but to no avail. This info was from the Seattle newspaper yesterday.

Damn! That annoys me. I hope this idiot has some assets that the widow and kids can try to go after in a civil action. Most likely, the slime bag has nothing and is an assigned risk in an insurance pool. Too bad the cops couldn't have planted a couple of big rocks of Crack in the car. Then they would have a chance of serious time for those drug charges. Crap! Another case of life not being fair. I only hope that Karma will bite him in the a$$ big time, some terribly painful disease that's incurable and keeps him lingering at death's door for many long years. That or he sees the light and dedicate the rest of his life to right his wrongs and prevention of similar crimes.