PDA

View Full Version : Wireless tv networking at home?

Navy Chief
December 10th, 2008, 07:26
My wife wants a tv put in our spare bedroom. Running a cable from our satellite receiver through the attic, and attempting to "fish" it through the wall in that bedroom would be almost impossible.

But is there a way to transmit the signal through a wireless network?

We have Dish. Really don't want to pay the bast...s for another tv on my account.

Thanks
NC

Lionheart
December 10th, 2008, 08:52
Apple TV probably does this.

Its a 'next step up' from the Media Center system.

Apple is revolutionary in its new 'wireless technologies'.

Please check into that though. What it probably does is use a cable in, going to a modem/splitter box, which transmits wireless through the house.

I could be wrong. It also may not work with Dish systems.

Bill

FengZ
December 10th, 2008, 09:18
you can also use Slingbox, but the price you pay for the setup is more than that second account :)

I've been using slingbox for several years now. It allows you to watch your home TV from anywhere in the world w/ an internet connection. Since i travel so much, this was the perfect thing. I can just load up slingbox on a wireless laptop, and watch my Tivo or live TV sitting in the US; even if i'm in a hotel in Paris or Beijing...it's pretty cool.

-feng

Navy Chief
December 10th, 2008, 13:59
Thanks! I decided to go with the Slingbox Solo. Good price at Amazon, and it will work with my Dish receiver.

Coincidentally, I found out (from some further reseach) that DISH Network bought out Sling Media....makers of Sling Box.

NC