PDA

View Full Version : Hellcat redo

gaucho_59
July 23rd, 2011, 11:26
Someone suggested I start a new thread on this subject as he deemed my posting in another thread nont in consonance with the subject at hand there (Ito's Bv 138 re-do project)l...
I am working on demirroring and accurizing the livery of one of the very few Hellcats that sported a sharkmouth livery in the SouthPac Theater during WW2.

Presently, I am working on its cockpit - trying to do a close to "real" layout...

Sunny9850
July 23rd, 2011, 11:49
That does look quite good already. Which base zip file will this be for ?? As for posting it in the other thread, it is probably better for overall reference if each is treated individually. Especially as threads get longer and time moves on it makes finding things easier. Just my 2 centsStefan

gaucho_59
July 23rd, 2011, 12:27
That does look quite good already. Which base zip file will this be for ?? As for posting it in the other thread, it is probably better for overall reference if each is treated individually. Especially as threads get longer and time moves on it makes finding things easier. Just my 2 centsStefan

The file it will be for: MK_TBM1_Avenger.zip

which I am intent on redoing the textures also... as soon as I finish the cockpit

SgtT
July 23rd, 2011, 12:40
Looks really nice!

T.

gaucho_59
July 23rd, 2011, 16:52

I think I am on a roll! a barrel roll at that... progress continues... I think I should be done with it pretty soon...

SgtT
July 24th, 2011, 05:41
Wow great job it's coming along nicely.

T.

gaucho_59
July 25th, 2011, 08:27
Wow great job it's coming along nicely.

T.

Progress continues... but close to finishing...

modelr
July 25th, 2011, 14:47
The file it will be for: MK_TBM1_Avenger.zip

which I am intent on redoing the textures also... as soon as I finish the cockpit

What file is that? Where is it available? All my searches come up empty.

The title of this thread implies a Hellcat redo, but the filename you give implies an Avenger. Two different aircraft?

The work itself looks gorgeous, tho'. Wish I had that kind of talent. Thank You.

Desert Rat
July 25th, 2011, 15:07
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?s=&catid=52&keyid=&sort=N&page=1&pp=15&nameid=MNO

gaucho_59
July 25th, 2011, 22:16
What file is that? Where is it available? All my searches come up empty.

The title of this thread implies a Hellcat redo, but the filename you give implies an Avenger. Two different aircraft?

The work itself looks gorgeous, tho'. Wish I had that kind of talent. Thank You.

Sorry... the file is: vf27catmouth.zip

I have yet to start the refinement of the aircraft textures... but it won't be long

gaucho_59
July 29th, 2011, 12:24
Sorry... the file is: vf27catmouth.zip

I have yet to start the refinement of the aircraft textures... but it won't be long

I am sort of disorganizedly organized... I have not finished the 2D panel yet, and have started on a profile (which I will use to revise the textures of the hellcat also)... Like I want to do two many things... still have not finished the Bv 138 project...lol
but it gives me pleasure to work on the graphics... here is the start of the texture redo and a profile too...44704

gaucho_59
August 17th, 2011, 20:43
I am sort of disorganizedly organized... I have not finished the 2D panel yet, and have started on a profile (which I will use to revise the textures of the hellcat also)... Like I want to do two many things... still have not finished the Bv 138 project...lol
but it gives me pleasure to work on the graphics... here is the start of the texture redo and a profile too...44704

Finally was able to get back to the cockpit and finish the texture...
Now I can get on with the sharkmouth textures... which won't take that long... (have been collaborating with a couple of projects... an italian fighter - the F-5 Vizzola - and a WWI Fokker... which I still need to work on...)

46238 46239

Matt Wynn
August 18th, 2011, 07:07
Nice Job Gaucho! and great to see another profile artist! :salute: :jump:

gaucho_59
August 18th, 2011, 10:03
Nice Job Gaucho! and great to see another profile artist! :salute: :jump:

I follow your repaints and have worked on many of them for my own models... I would like to share my work too... but I am not to savvy on the stuff to post repaints or acft or panels... kinda new at this stuff... although I did aeronautical illustrations back in the early and mid-90s... If interested in profiles... check my site:
http://westwood.fortunecity.com/chanel/132/index.html

(which I should update with my latest work after I returned from Korea... I had a lapse of some 7 seven years while working in Germany, Hawaii, Korea and Germany again where I did no illustrations at all... )