PDA

View Full Version : wip

Pat Pattle
July 22nd, 2011, 09:01
Hi all, not posted for a while, have been busy with a house move, lots of jobs to do and a general lack of enthusiasm for the PC. However, recently as a distraction from DIY I've been working slowly away at something I've wanted in cfs3 for a long time.

Very much a wip, needs some decent textures and turrets adding for the bomber version. I think this may be a first in a flight sim, if any one knows different please let me know! :)

10 points for knowing what this is....

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/cfs3_wip.jpg

Pat Pattle
July 22nd, 2011, 09:05
oh, and this one too. Yes the modellings cr*p I know and it's a borrowed texture for the time being. Probably will be a static or an ai model eventually.

10 more points for the aircraft!

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/cfs3_wip2.jpg

greycap.raf
July 22nd, 2011, 09:11
Either a Bristol Bombay or a Handley Page Harrow, judging by the shape of the lower nose I'll say Harrow. The biplane surely looks like a de Havilland Dragon Rapide.

Frosty
July 22nd, 2011, 09:54
I second the names mentioned by the Flying Fin.
Good to see you're still around, Pat!!!

hairyspin
July 22nd, 2011, 10:57
Bristol Bombay had a glazed lower half to the nose - below the front turret - so HP Harrow it is. The booted undercarriage says DH.89 Dragon Rapide.

'Bout time you fulfilled that threat to build an aircraft, Clive! :applause:

MajorMagee
July 22nd, 2011, 14:06
http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=50251

Bravo/4
July 23rd, 2011, 01:50
I've never seen any of those in a combat sim, great stuff Clive!:applause:

rbp71854
July 23rd, 2011, 02:07
Well on your way. Good show Clive. Nice to have some unique craft in CFS3.

HouseHobbit
July 23rd, 2011, 02:39
Wonderful!!! :applause: :applause:
Something really cool I can Wreck :gameoff:
Can't wait to trash these..
BRAVO

:salute: :salute: :salute:

Thanks very much..

Cuttles
July 23rd, 2011, 08:14
Amazing stuff. Surprised at the Dragon! The other one looks a bit Whitletly-like, only saw a reference to something like it, once????????? Thanks

oh, and this one too. Yes the modellings cr*p I know and it's a borrowed texture for the time being. Probably will be a static or an ai model eventually.

10 more points for the aircraft!

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/cfs3_wip2.jpg

MajorMagee
July 23rd, 2011, 15:12
I loved seeing the Dragon Rapide used in Torchwood (Season 1, Episode 10).

richcreator
July 23rd, 2011, 22:29
I loved seeing the Dragon Rapide used in Torchwood (Season 1, Episode 10).

Torchwood Season 1 Episode 10 >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bn25B-b2SY&feature=related

Pat Pattle
July 23rd, 2011, 23:42
Thanks for the video link, not seen that.
I have the shape of the fuselage totally wrong. Back to the drawing board with that one! :icon_lol:

'Bout time you fulfilled that threat to build an aircraft, Clive!

Actually my first aircraft model was the Horsa, I swore I'd never make another one after that! Folks like your good self and Ted, Mathias and Steve to name but a few always inspire me with your creations, but you make it look a lot easier than it actually is!

Led Zeppelin
July 24th, 2011, 00:18
Very unusual models, that's great!:jump:

regarding the Dragon Rapide, there is an airworthy one at La Ferte Alais near Paris (see at the end of the page below:
http://jroger.nuxit.net/berliweb/helico_airshow_ferte_alais/page_helico_ferte.htm

popsaka
July 24th, 2011, 14:09
...I've always hoped you'd get into Gmax 'cause I knew we'd see some weird and wonderful stuff come from your efforts... Rock on! :ernae:

BTW ...so where in the ETO (or?) would we find this crazy old bomber?

Pat Pattle
July 24th, 2011, 21:39
so where in the ETO (or?) would we find this crazy old bomber?

HI Pops, it was obsolete as a bomber by the outbreak of war but many had the guns or turrets removed and were used throughout the war as transports. They were used in the evacuation at Dunkirk and a special Flight was formed as aerial mine layers (LAM's) and actually managed to score a few kills.

http://battleofbritain.devhub.com/blog/567970-world-war-ii-churchills-aerial-mines-project/

ndicki
July 25th, 2011, 21:17
Fighter Command used Harrows during Op. MUTTON. That could be an amusing little mod to try! (Edit - You got there first before I read the last comment)

The modelling isn't crap, by the way. It's better than my nifty line in boxes and teapots.

popsaka
July 26th, 2011, 05:21
...thanks Clive. Is there a problem with BoB. devhub? ...all I get is a blank page

Old Tiger
July 27th, 2011, 06:54
Either a Bristol Bombay or a Handley Page Harrow, judging by the shape of the lower nose I'll say Harrow. The biplane surely looks like a de Havilland Dragon Rapide. :wavey:greycap I think you're right, This is my fs9 Dragon Rapide:salute:

Pat Pattle
August 7th, 2011, 01:58
Got the blighter flying at last. Still ai only and in need of a repaint.
I found out when converting Miltons Beech that the FS9 FM's port straight over into cfs3 with only the header info in the .cfg needing changing. This of course means that I'll have to get the necessary permissions before uploading.

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/DH89_CFS3.jpg

Led Zeppelin
August 7th, 2011, 07:21
Great!

HouseHobbit
August 7th, 2011, 19:07
This Looks great!! Thanks..:applause:

I can't wait to shoot this down with my Bf 109 Hobbit Special..
OOPPS!!
Off to Hide..
On goes the ring!!
:pop4:

Pat Pattle
August 8th, 2011, 13:39
LZ - have just bought myself the Heller 1/72 model. One set of markings is for the French 'Ecole des radios navigants'..I think it's around the 1939/40 era though am not sure..it would make a good variant though.

I can't wait to shoot this down with my Bf 109 Hobbit Special..

It breaks apart very easily Owen, not much of a target! :)

For my own amusement....Civvie markings. Not of my manufacture, the basic skin is one nabbed from a FlightGear model, I wanted something as a place holder. There are a few versions around of it so this one was an easy swap.

Actually, something that's been on my mind for ages is 'Non Combat Flight Simulator 3'. Not as daft as it sounds and I guess I'm on my own with this but I reckon that CFS3 would lend itself very well to a pre-war civvie sim. FS9 and FSX have too much modern baggage for my liking.

DH89 at Gravesend.
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/DH89_CFS3_Gravesend.jpg

HouseHobbit
August 8th, 2011, 14:10
WOW!! This looks Too Cool!!
I like the red and white skin..

The airfield looks great..This is really nice..

Thanks Clive for these..
BRAVO!!

:salute: :salute: :salute:

lewis11777
August 8th, 2011, 16:53
Very nice Clive! Some civilian aviation was going during the war, it will be nice to have a few of those flying or sitting around.

popsaka
August 8th, 2011, 19:23
...You ain't alone, brutha :wavey: The Thirties were a really magical time for aircraft, flying, flying long distance, racing... With our great flight models, stunt flying could be a possibility... :mixedsmi:

ndicki
August 8th, 2011, 22:21
Non Combat Flight Simulator 3. I like it. And if I get too bored, I can still jump into something exciting with too many wings (probably made by Greg) and release all that pent-up destruction. Better for society than trogging off to the City in my hoodie and torching Dixon's, in any case.

I had a CFS2 install I called "Hendon Wars" set in about 1936-37 - nothing but Furies, Gladiators, Bulldogs and Heinkels! Fantastic fun, and some really glorious aircraft. It'd be nice to do the same in CFS3...

Pat Pattle
August 8th, 2011, 22:50
I'm so glad that I'm not alone in this!

I had a CFS2 install I called "Hendon Wars" set in about 1936-37 - nothing but Furies, Gladiators, Bulldogs and Heinkels! Fantastic fun, and some really glorious aircraft. It'd be nice to do the same in CFS3...

Sounds great Nigel, all we need is the Furies, Bulldogs and Heinkels! (someone was making a Fury, even posted screenshots, not sure who but would love to have it).
There's probably a few suitable aircraft already, DC3, JU52, Moth etc.

Owen, Gravesend airfield is in the ETO and BoB installs. I didn't have the heart to camouflage the hangars. :) Talking of which I already have non camo textures for the pre-war hangar types and buildings so with the removal of blast pens, guns etc. regressing the airfields a few years would be fairly painless.

Food for thought....

Led Zeppelin
August 9th, 2011, 03:13
hey, looking really good!

I have some pre-war stuff in my 1936 era in ETO, I like it.

dewoitine
August 9th, 2011, 23:23
Hello Clive ! Very nice skin ! Non Combat Flight Simulator 3 : I take it !
Good luck for the result.:applause:

hairyspin
August 10th, 2011, 10:23
Good work Clive! Perhaps the prewar version could be called Golden CFS?

HouseHobbit
August 10th, 2011, 16:27
I'm so glad that I'm not alone in this!

Sounds great Nigel, all we need is the Furies, Bulldogs and Heinkels! (someone was making a Fury, even posted screenshots, not sure who but would love to have it).
There's probably a few suitable aircraft already, DC3, JU52, Moth etc.

Owen, Gravesend airfield is in the ETO and BoB installs. I didn't have the heart to camouflage the hangars. :) Talking of which I already have non camo textures for the pre-war hangar types and buildings so with the removal of blast pens, guns etc. regressing the airfields a few years would be fairly painless.

Food for thought....

WOW!! I didn't know this, needless to say I will have to build a few missions for all of this Thanks for the heads up..
Bravo..