PDA

View Full Version : Great soon, I will have a teenager (again) to deal with

HouseHobbit
July 21st, 2011, 21:35
Yea, I'm too old for this..
It seems my Cat Katastrophe will be 13 :applause:

Rats I never expected her to go this long..:icon_lol:

So I was wondering once She turns into a teenager will Katastrophe be as Crazy as my daughter , niece and nephew were when this happened..

Does this mean I will hear all day long, We need cable so Kat can watch animal channel..
I guess that won't be as bad as my daughter screaming she needed Her MTV back in the day..

Or suddenly will I find strange web sites stored in my favorites??

And start getting weird things in my E- mail Like Join the Iams online chat clubs??
I hope Not!! living with Human teenagers was bad enough

Very worried here haven't had to deal with a teenager for many years..

So any advice on how to handle a "teenager" this day and time will be most welcomed..

TARPSBird
July 21st, 2011, 21:48
But... isn't she actually 80-85 in cat years? :icon_lol:

Naismith
July 22nd, 2011, 01:23
But... isn't she actually 80-85 in cat years? :icon_lol:

Octogenarians can be just as difficult to deal with as teenagers. :jump:

stiz
July 22nd, 2011, 01:29
it might just be me, but i always find old creatures harder to live with, espically if their right characters, they seem to know their old so just do what the heck they want then give you the "bah! i'll be dead soon, whatcha gonna do for eating your slipper .. kill me!" :icon_lol:

AndyG43
July 22nd, 2011, 04:30
it might just be me, but i always find old creatures harder to live with, espically if their right characters, they seem to know their old so just do what the heck they want then give you the "bah! i'll be dead soon, whatcha gonna do for eating your slipper .. kill me!" :icon_lol:

And they play on it ...... I can't jump up there, I'm 85 you know ...... and the instant your back is turned ...... :jump::jump::jump:

My ex-inlaws ex-cat (gone a few years now) told everybody loudly (he was an oriental cat, so they DO tell you) that he'd lost his bounce and couldn't possibly get up to that tap for a drink (he liked to drink from a running tap, don't ask me...) - I said he was working them but they denied it; until the day he came home and found him sitting on top of the 6 foot tall fridge!!!

Like they say, dogs have owners, cats have staff.

stuartcox
July 22nd, 2011, 06:48
And they play on it .....
Like they say, dogs have owners, cats have staff.

Not quite true, Andy!
You can ask a dog to 'come here', but to a cat it's more like 'come here or not'!
They both obey orders!
p.s: My cat died at the great age of 21, then fell off the balcony whilst asleep. She survived the night but died before there was a chance to get her to a vet.

Before I forget...
I was asked a silly question not long ago: 'Why do cats sleep with their nose stuck up their bottom?'

Daveroo
July 22nd, 2011, 07:18
Not quite true, Andy!
You can ask a dog to 'come here', but to a cat it's more like 'come here or not'!
They both obey orders!
p.s: My cat died at the great age of 21, then fell off the balcony whilst asleep. She survived the night but died before there was a chance to get her to a vet.

Before I forget...
I was asked a silly question not long ago: 'Why do cats sleep with their nose stuck up their bottom?'
well simply put...so they can smell theyre own.............no i better not

Daveroo
July 22nd, 2011, 07:22
my haley will be 17 in september and is pulling the "daddy? i cant jump up on your lap,pick me up" yowling thing....but when i got to my folks house and come back...she has jumped up on to the chair seat/back/across a 4 foot cassium and onto a 12 inch spot surrounded by diecast airplanes to sit in the window and look out.....and she hasnt broken anything.......then she looks at me like....uhoh ive been had....and then puts her paw over her eyes....she cant see me so im guessing in her mind i cant see her??