PDA

View Full Version : Can't killl cfs 3

Killer Svend
July 21st, 2011, 08:02
Wondering whats wrong. I whant to make a clean installation of cfs3 to allow eto and maw extensions , but no matter if I go to contols and say remove program or I go in to the program and doubble click uninstall someting is obviously remaining somewhere because after making a new installation previously downloaded aircrafts are still there and campaign progresses and medals are still there. Whats wrong? I whant a "Virgin" install. An other thing, my pilot is missing he used to walk aroud and left plain after mission accomplised and one could se him hit the ground after bailing out. Shall I by a new set of cd's or what?
Killer Svend

hairyspin
July 21st, 2011, 10:43
If you read the ETO Installation Guide (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=14798) you'll find what you need.

Daiwilletti
July 21st, 2011, 14:38
CFS3 writes files to two places other than the root install. Campaign info, screen shots, etc go in a cfs3 folder under My Documents. Various xml files controlling the UI and configuration settings and QC choices etc, are written to username/Docs and Settings/App Data/microsoft/etc folder.

You need to delete all this stuff to get a clean reinstallation.

This may be your problem?
cheers,
D

Killer Svend
July 22nd, 2011, 23:10
Hi Gents
I managed to completely remove The old cfs3 updated it to 3.1 and installed ETO 1.0 things are allmost ok except a campaign I opened, in the middle of the battle it crash to desktop telling me that cfs3 has stopped operation, when flying missions everything is ok, why? Will installation of updates 1.2 or 1.4 perhaps solve the the problem?
Killer Svend:salute:

Daiwilletti
July 23rd, 2011, 23:24
Hi, crashing in ETO is not usually related to a "buggy" install. Updating is probably not the issue. The issue is the need to be careful when starting a campaign that you are in the right era for the campaign. If not, there will be mismatches as there is a separate Global Layer and set of spawns (and missions, uires etc etc) for each era. Care needs to be taken to close out of ETO and start up in the correct era before starting a different campaign (eg. going from 1943 to 1944). If you have fiddled around a bit and possibly not always been in the right era, the files will get corrupted and only a reinstall (or using the backup facility provided) will fix it. Often its quicker, rather than trying to fix something in ETO, to simply go back, start again, and reinstall from the beginning! Then read the somewhat complicated readmes and try to work out what you need to do to avoid corrupting the files. Luck!! D