PDA

View Full Version : What causing in ETO

Old Tiger
July 19th, 2011, 09:15
:wavey:Lately I've been getting this MS error when firing up ETO, anybody know what's going on?

Barnstorm
July 19th, 2011, 13:19
What catches my interest in the first file listed, the C:\program files\MS Games cfs3 eto expansion\ConfigOverridesdw.xml. I am no expert, but if you have updated to the 1.41 ETO patch or new video drivers, you will need to re-set the cfs3.config files. Just a thought.... Seem like it relates to the DirectX function, if I remember correcly. But I am always open to correction.

Old Tiger
July 20th, 2011, 03:31
:wavey:Barnstorm as far as I know every thing in ETO1.4 is up to date.
This is the first part of that MS error msg.
Don't ever get in CFS3, DPC Korea, Maw, PTO or BOB:salute:

Barnstorm
July 20th, 2011, 04:17
Well O.T., I don't know then...What OS are you running? Have you checked the permissions in the ETO shortcuts? They may have gotten FUBAR'D for what ever reason. I guess I would start double checking against the ETO install instuctions for any anomally, untill another SOH member with better insight than me weights-in. Still, that file ref leads me to think it has something to do with DirectX.

Best regards,

KellyB
July 20th, 2011, 04:40
Off the wall suggestion:
Under the heading, Module 1 the first file listed is MB.exe, which is the mission builder file.

Is there any chance your shortcut has gotten hosed, and is pointing to mission builder rather than cfs3?

Grasping at staws...

Daiwilletti
July 20th, 2011, 14:27
Hi Old Tiger,
I get that sort of message routinely with some installs. Somehow or other the installs get corrupted as I tinker with them. CFS3 has an error messaging program built in. That first screen you showed can be scrolled down - see the scroll bar on the RHS. There is tons of information in it - ignore all the first part the meat is way down the file.

Once or twice I've been able to find the actual error log which is stored in some obscure Application Data pathway on your computer. The error log can be opened in an Excel spreadsheet. Sometimes there is useful info about a dodgy sound file for an aircraft, or somesuch.

I haven't been able to work out if the log is cumulative - ie whether a lot of the stuff that you can scroll down is historic, and not related to the reason why you crashed this time.

The frustrating thing about the log is that a lot of the stuff is fragmented. So if He111_9kEL has a duff link in the sound.cfg file, the info in the scroll down might be ...9kEL, or just ....EL, so its hard to work out whats wrong.

Anyway, my guess is that an error is occurring in your ETO install, and the CFS3 error messaging is kicking in, bringing that message up on the screen. You may be able to find a clue as to what file/aircraft/spawn is not working, by scrolling down the error message, or by finding the log file and looking at that.

I've ended up not being able to fix persistent crashes in some installs - so I have to can them and start again.

Good luck,
D