PDA

View Full Version : Four little teasers from Keith Paine

RyDraiggoch
July 19th, 2011, 01:03
Coming soon to a Pond very close to you...a classic British post war trainer, for Fs9 and FSX.

Here are four screenshots of the PreBeta aircraft now being tested at www.britsim.com

Matched with Gary Jones single Leonides sound file it will be a definite keeper for your hangar

Cheers

Leif

johnr
July 19th, 2011, 01:44
That's a must-have for me!

JR

Rich
July 19th, 2011, 02:12
The P roundel C angle looks a bit off to me but as you say a Beta version

RyDraiggoch
July 19th, 2011, 02:44
Rich

Keith did the repaint for this teaser only, Its FAR from ready and knowing how Mr Paine works it will be perfect when the release version is released. The beta team has been flying it in its underwear, so Keith can get feed back on its flying qualities which are
superb. It begs to be aerobatted.

And actually having seen photos of Provo's there was some odd sizing in the squadron codes and the roundels

Leif

AndyG43
July 19th, 2011, 02:58
Ooh very nice Leif! :jump:

Yes, I'd agree with your comment about the markings, I've seen some oddities out there. The repaint possibilities on this are mouth watering, with 7 other countries operating her, let alone some of the schemes the RAF slapped on. :applause:

ThinkingManNeil
July 19th, 2011, 17:15
Oh boy! I've really been hoping for a primo piston Provost for FS9! I think it's such a neat looking aircraft and makes a much more pilot/passenger friendly ship than a T-6. I'm surprised that there aren't a lot more of them on the civi warbird market as they strike me as being a good recreational/cross-country aircraft.

Rubbing hands with glee!!!

N.

Rich
July 19th, 2011, 18:15
Which is why I mentioned BETA it was meant as a observation and not criticism

Rich

Rich

Keith did the repaint for this teaser only, Its FAR from ready and knowing how Mr Paine works it will be perfect when the release version is released. The beta team has been flying it in its underwear, so Keith can get feed back on its flying qualities which are
superb. It begs to be aerobatted.

And actually having seen photos of Provo's there was some odd sizing in the squadron codes and the roundels

Leif

Flyboy208
July 19th, 2011, 18:17
I am very much looking forward to flying another piece of British aviation history ! Mike :wavey:

RyDraiggoch
July 19th, 2011, 21:34
Oh boy! I've really been hoping for a primo piston Provost for FS9! I think it's such a neat looking aircraft and makes a much more pilot/passenger friendly ship than a T-6. I'm surprised that there aren't a lot more of them on the civi warbird market as they strike me as being a good recreational/cross-country aircraft.

Rubbing hands with glee!!!

N.

Unfortunatly most of them wound up at Shawbury or Sleap in the mid 60s becoming beer cans -- a real shame as to me personally its a very beautiful aeroplane and, having grown up Hanging out at Luton Flying Club (who's hangar originally belonged to Percival) I feel sort of an attachement to it.

Leif

ThinkingManNeil
July 20th, 2011, 07:21
Unfortunatly most of them wound up at Shawbury or Sleap in the mid 60s becoming beer cans -- a real shame as to me personally its a very beautiful aeroplane and, having grown up Hanging out at Luton Flying Club (who's hangar originally belonged to Percival) I feel sort of an attachement to it.

LeifSo sad and so typical. Considering these machines (and all other mil types) are built and paid for on the taxpayer's dime it should be the taxpayers who get a decent crack at ownership. Granted I wouldn't want every Ace McCool with dinero and Piper Cub training trying to zip around in a Harrier, Mirage, or F-16, but at least the trainers should've been made much more available. I know there's at least one piston Provo flying in the States, at least one in the UK, and one down at Wanaka in New Zealand; any ideas on the remaining population numbers.

Here's a vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUxMU5MVhUU) of some neat Provost acro.

By the look of it the belly's painted silver; nice combo with the Dark Green and Gray. Gotta love the sound of the 550hp Leonides!

N.

ThinkingManNeil
July 20th, 2011, 07:34
Some Provost air-to-air vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc0xxvXYYcg&feature=channel_video_title)

N.

RyDraiggoch
July 20th, 2011, 12:54
Gorgeous Video Niel

Yes Gary Jones leonides sound pack sounds like the first one -- you will all love this combination -- Mark (Miggers) who has been spearheading the test flying says she is close as dammit to the manual -- even the castoring tailwheel works prototypically plus Keiths brilliant details make it a gem. By the way I see that in the second video you posted that the Kiwis managed to imitate Keiths slightly askew sqdn lettering either side of the roundel.

:):):)

Leif

T6flyer
July 25th, 2011, 01:36
Having played a part in the development of this project (and having had a few Provost flights), I can sincerely say that this will be superb when it is released. A lot of work has gone into this build and we have had wonderful assistance from present owners in trying to re-create the perfect Provost (simulator software permitting!).

I've flown in over 260 types and the Provost has to be my favourite British design encountered. Have also flown the Jet version, but piston ruled!!

Martin

RyDraiggoch
July 26th, 2011, 12:04
Speaking of Things Percival -- Peter Watkins has uploaded half a dozen excellent repaints of Jeff Marsh's semi finished Prentice.....add the sound file of the Proctor
available at the Pond and its a very nice model

Leif

Oh yes and look for more Percy's from Keith Paine

RyDraiggoch
September 1st, 2011, 14:43
Sorry to bump this back up

But, I thought you might like to know by a very fortutious accident Keiths beautiful Provost is available at www.britsim.com now, Keith released it as a beta - BUT its good enough to go, so grab it while you can and don't forget to download Gary Jones Single Leonides sound pack already at the Pond library - they are a match made in heaven.

Leif

AndyG43
September 1st, 2011, 14:56
I've been flying it all evening - it's GORGEOUS!! :applause:

A big thanks to Keith; if this is the beta, then the RC will be spectacular. :salute:

RyDraiggoch
September 1st, 2011, 15:02
Andy

I am sure that Keith will be very flattered - its an immersive little aeroplane, Peter Watkins has a series of paints for it (including Burmese, Malayan, Iraqi, Sudanese, Irish Rhodesian as well as various FTS markings - CFS Cranwell and Civilain paints.) He should have them published shortly. If you wouldnt mind could you post some screenies of the Jewel here for others , I'm a little busy with Scenery and the Growler which are also getting close to release.

Leif

Flyboy208
September 1st, 2011, 15:23
Such a generous gift - can't wait to fire up the sim ! Mike :jump:

AndyG43
September 1st, 2011, 16:01
Andy

I am sure that Keith will be very flattered - its an immersive little aeroplane, Peter Watkins has a series of paints for it (including Burmese, Malayan, Iraqi, Sudanese, Irish Rhodesian as well as various FTS markings - CFS Cranwell and Civilain paints.) He should have them published shortly. If you wouldnt mind could you post some screenies of the Jewel here for others , I'm a little busy with Scenery and the Growler which are also getting close to release.

Leif

No problem, I will attend to that in the morning. :salute:

Flyboy208
September 1st, 2011, 17:19
This British machine is good fun indeed ! Looking forward to the finished version ... Mike

andersel
September 2nd, 2011, 00:43
I happened by Britsim this afternoon and found this beauty in the New Files section. I've been eagerly awaiting it's release since they first announced it. Hot Damn! As recommended, I put gary Jones's Alvis Leonides in it and it sings like a bird. Beta? This model is top notch. Thanks a million!

LA

RyDraiggoch
September 2nd, 2011, 02:03
Hello Folks

Just a quick update

Peter is uploading his incredible paints at the Pond as I type, and I just got through talking to Keith (pretty hard to do when he is in France and I am in NoCal) He has a little package of updates that will turn it from beta to finished which should appear in the next twenty four hours.....all minor mods... anyone found you can make the stuffed dummies disappear by using the wingfold function??? and lastly LA I will pass your thanks along to Gary Jones -- good news for you all, he is healing well and will be putting his head phones back on very soon -- He says his son his helping him :) So all in all if you havnt downloaded the Provo yet, you poor schmuck......its a joy to fly, Dave Molyneaux says he has been scraping it in and out of Old Warden....If you have the rather nice Cranwell scenery loaded up you will be please to know that the CFS paints for her will be along shortly.

Again thank you all for your support of the Pond...if anyone has problems downloading the Provo due to traffic I am going to put a link up in the general forum there later..just remember if you download it that way, drop us a note so we can keep a running tally of the number of happy customers....

Oh yes admin types -- its already taken over 150 downloads in the first 12 hours -- does that rate a sticky?

;)

leif

AndyG43
September 2nd, 2011, 02:37
Oh yes admin types -- its already taken over 150 downloads in the first 12 hours -- does that rate a sticky?

;)

leif

It should. :salute:

I didn't rush with the pictures Leif, as Mike had kindly done it. But I'll wait for Peter's paints and fly her out of Cranwell, then load those.

Again, thanks to all for their hard work. :icon29::icon29:

RyDraiggoch
September 2nd, 2011, 03:02
There in the library Andy

My favorite is definitly the RhAF FAC version all camo and badass

Hello Green Leader!!!

Leif

Dev One
September 2nd, 2011, 04:17
Hey Guys, Thanks for all the praise, glad you like her as she was quite difficult to get the canopy & windscreen looking right.
The flying characteristics took some time to tweak & were based on 50's Flight test reports & a more recent one by David Ogilvy. Still cannot get a good right spin though.....
I have actually only just seen this thread, so I missed the comments back in July on the P roundel C positioning. I hope its correct as its taken from some pictures sent to me of the Cosford Museum example....
Keith

AndyG43
September 2nd, 2011, 06:29
She's definitely a gem!

A few piccies; the VC (I know some of you like to know about that kind of thing), and some shot's of one of Peter's new paints, a RAF Syerston based Provost taking off from.. Syerston.

Flyboy208
September 2nd, 2011, 09:32
Loving this Rhodesian livery ...

Mike :jump:

Dev One
September 2nd, 2011, 12:01
I've just uploaded to Britsim an update for the Beta version that gives one the capability to remove the RH pilot from the VC ( not the external view though) as well as providing for FSX users a modified aircraft.cfg file that helps the elevator trim at cruise & the spin capability. There is also a missing texture file for the back of the prop needed at night with lights on.
This should make the Beta version into a final release.

BTW any FSX users have a problem with the Wingfold command - It doesn't work for me in FSX but it does in FS9.
Keith

Sascha66
September 2nd, 2011, 12:52
This is already looking pretty good! I am looking out for the final release.

I believe the pilot figures in external view are much too small, however,
so the plane looks quite huge.

I found a good close-up of the pilot:

http://www.aviationphoto.co.uk/49 Percival Provost T1 XF603 G-KAPW SHuttleworth 2009.jpg

Cheers,
Sascha

Dev One
September 3rd, 2011, 03:50
I've had this argument before, but I did scale my pilots against a report by RAE Farnborough on the measurement of 200 aircrew & these represent 70%ile size, so quite big, they must though be on the slim side when comparing them with modern humans!
Maybe I need to add more outer clothing & an immersion suit to feed them up!
Keith