PDA

View Full Version : MAW ?

Barnstorm
July 17th, 2011, 08:42
Everything in my MAW install seems to function fine except for the bf 110's. When I switch to VC view, the POV is outside of the A/C w/no cockpit texture. All other views look fine and the system flyes 'normal'. I have read of other issues w/the 110 in MAW previously, but not sure of the resolution. Can someone please advise? BTW, the same A/C looks great in other CFS T.O.'s.

Best regards,

Led Zeppelin
July 17th, 2011, 11:05
110 MAW's VC is basic because unfinished.

Barnstorm
July 17th, 2011, 16:41
That explains much......:icon_lol:

ndicki
July 18th, 2011, 00:02
I wonder where I got my Bf110 cockpits, then. Must be from the GC G-series models. As they're from the same "factory", they'll probably fit. Worth a try, in any case.

Barnstorm
July 18th, 2011, 07:18
Would I need to copy/paste cockpit texture file(s) from other 110 ETO installs into the MAW aircraft file? And if so, which files to which folder(s)? I appreciate the assistance.

ndicki
July 18th, 2011, 23:44
If you install the GC 110G shared files into your MAW install, the cockpit texture files should be in there anyway. It really doesn't matter where you put texture files as the sim will find them anyway. To keep it clean though, I'd say aircraft/shared/Bf110G_shared would be a good place. Then you'd need to copy the _cockpit0.m3d, _cockpit1.m3d (etc) files into the target model's folder. Back up the existing files by adding X_ to the name, and rename the imported files accordingly. The pilot cockpit is always XXXXX_cockpit0.m3d, where XXXXX is the model name - the same as the name for the external visual m3d. Other cockpits follow this, so cockpit1.m3d, cockpit2.m3d and so on as applicable. You'll probably find that the gunner cockpits don't work properly in any case, but it's worth trying for the pilot cockpits, even if the G-type cockpit isn't quite correct for the D or E-type aircraft.

Barnstorm
July 19th, 2011, 13:31
Great explanation, ndicki. Many Thanks.....:ernae: