PDA

View Full Version : New european water textures

Shessi
July 17th, 2011, 07:23
Hi Folks,
Something I've been working on and off for a while, european water textures.

Two sets, one for the summer, with simulated reflection, and the other for winter (or for most of the time in the North Sea off the UK east coast...ha ha!). Impossible to get exactly the right look that will fit all the seasons and sunlight conditions, but these are easy to swap in and out.

See what you think, pic info tells at what heights these were taken at, will upload if wanted.

Cheers Shessi

simonu
July 17th, 2011, 08:30
Hey Shessi, these look really good, I have struggled to make convincing water textures, if you were to upload these I for one would try them on my rig.

sc7500
July 17th, 2011, 08:32
....will upload if wanted...

Your sense of humor is as sharp as EVER, Shessi......

Upload away, Please !
SC
:kilroy:

misson
July 17th, 2011, 08:43
thatīs look really good:applause: when u upload it?

misson
July 17th, 2011, 08:52
water mask by MK looks really good too, but i donīt know why , when i use it in 800x600x32 (my favourite resolution) cfs2 crashes displying error terrain.dll . that doesnt happen in 1024x...x32. So i hope that water mask made by u shessi , would be a solution!

Jagdflieger
July 17th, 2011, 11:37
Wow! Those textures look very nice and I like the idea of a depressing winter set too. The summer set sure reminds me of the North Sea on a sunny July day.

I have several sets of ETO water textures and they are all useful and I change them out from time to time for variety. I'm currently using the water files by your texture peer, MKsystem with great success.

I'm looking forward to them as I have an install or two that they will go right into.

CrisGer
July 17th, 2011, 13:38
Looks first rate, do please upload for us.:medals:

SgtT
July 17th, 2011, 15:21
Great Job! Upload Please!

T.

Rami
July 17th, 2011, 15:32
Shessi,

There's nothing I can say that has not been said already. I will gladly approve this when you are ready. It looks fantastic, just in time for BoB! :salute:

tobob
July 17th, 2011, 15:37
Shots look great!!!

Please upload!!! :jump:

Captain Kurt
July 17th, 2011, 15:51
Very impressive Shessi. Please upload them. :applause:

Ali Cat
July 17th, 2011, 19:01
Great work - a must have so a must upload!

AC

Shessi
July 18th, 2011, 03:24
Uploaded now......if you really want them SC..ha ha! ;)

Cheers

Shessi

ps Accidently captured a crew member having just bailed out and before his parachute opens, little things like that help make the sim what it is.

Discus
July 18th, 2011, 04:25
Those reflections look really good for summer time.

Thanks Shessi

Ian Astill
July 18th, 2011, 08:09
ps Accidently captured a crew member having just bailed out and before his parachute opens, little things like that help make the sim what it is.

Amen to that! but where is wally?

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee243/Euphgit/Bf109kvsB292.jpg

sc7500
July 18th, 2011, 09:17
...Uploaded now......if you really want them SC..ha ha! ...

Thank you sir, may I have another ? :icon_lol:
SC
:kilroy:

Shessi
July 18th, 2011, 12:03
Hi SC,
There should be both, winter and summer texs, uploaded at the same time.

Uh-oh, I think this has started something else, a spot the Wally competition?, could be a bit of fun though?!:icon_lol:

Cheers

Shessi

UncleTgt
August 10th, 2011, 12:29
BUMP

I don't think Shessi got enough credit for these textures... convincing water/ wave action is really difficult to portray in CFS2.

... ports over nicely for the Pacific. Jimko/ Blue Devil's Pacific Blues revisited, Shessi style ....

Shessi
August 10th, 2011, 15:00
Good on yer Wack!

I'm mostly a Euro simmer, so didn't think of trying it there. Got to admit does look good though, mixed with some other texs. Nice one.

How about putting that Pacific tex pack together and uploading? Good to have a choice, and that looks a winner.:applause:

Cheers Shessi :ernae: