PDA

View Full Version : CFS2 Fiat CR-42 in FS2004

aardvark62
December 9th, 2008, 14:28
Hi Guys - seeing as I got a swift answer to my last question, here's one more.
Another CFS2 plane I've found here that looks and flies great in FS2004 without any tweaks is the Fiat CR-42 by Thicko. Only one slight niggle -there is a rather prominent yellow crosshair floating out beyond the sight glass, towards the engine. Would there be any way to remove this ?

Cheers. A.

Mick
December 9th, 2008, 16:58
Hi Guys - seeing as I got a swift answer to my last question, here's one more.
Another CFS2 plane I've found here that looks and flies great in FS2004 without any tweaks is the Fiat CR-42 by Thicko. Only one slight niggle -there is a rather prominent yellow crosshair floating out beyond the sight glass, towards the engine. Would there be any way to remove this ?

Cheers. A.

I'm not absolutely sure, but pretty sure it's in the model, and therefore can't be removed.

I looked in the panel and in the textures and couldn't find it, so I think that means it has to be in the model.

Drzook
December 9th, 2008, 20:16
Thicko's Nakajima Type 91 also has it. IIRC it helps when playing CFS2 in virtual cockpit mode. Crosshairs aside it's still a hoot to fly in FS2004 :ernae:

aardvark62
December 10th, 2008, 01:23
Okay Chaps, cheers for that! As said above, still fun to fly. A.

OBIO
December 10th, 2008, 02:19
There may be a way to "remove" it if you know how to use Martin Wright's MDLmat program. You can go in, find the material that makes up the cross hair and set the transparency to 100% (by lowering the material's alpha to 0)....it will still be there, but you will no longer be able to see it.

OBIO

aardvark62
December 10th, 2008, 03:28
Cheers OBIO - I would look into that but I can't seem to find the program - doesn't seem to be listed even on this site under file name or author ?!

OBIO
December 10th, 2008, 04:26
You can find MDLmat, and many other programs, on Martin Wright's site:

http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/

Make sure you also grab the DLL package and install it....otherwise none of Martin's software will work.

Not sure if the program will run under Vista...so if you are running Vista and the proggy won't run..that might be why.

OBIO

aardvark62
December 10th, 2008, 05:37
Thanks OBIO - found it, downloaded it, looking at it. Now just need to work out how it works !
ps. NO Vista !!

aardy.