PDA

View Full Version : Catapult Gremlin...

fallenphoenix1986
July 9th, 2011, 17:30
After altering absolutly nothing I am now getting a crash every time I launch from any carrier in anything other than the default Hornet. Yesterday no problem, Iris F-14 off of Javier's Nimitz, Etendard off of the RFN Clem, Alpha Scmitar off of the flying stations Ark Royal, full crash detection on and all is well. Today I'm getting object collisions the instant I leave the deck of any carrier... as I said I have altered nothing since yesterday.
The only way to prevent it is to deactivate crash detection completely, something I am loathed to do.

Anyone have any idea why FSX is screwing with me? lol

Craig

Walter
July 9th, 2011, 18:42
Have you restarted your computer? Once my controols were reversed or not operating for no reason, and restarting my computer fixed it.

fallenphoenix1986
July 10th, 2011, 13:08
Just fired up the Iris F-14 and no change, was worth a shot though.

Craig

TARPSBird
July 10th, 2011, 14:42
Craig,
Since you're not getting much response here I'll make two suggestions:
(1) Try doing a System Restore back to before you had the crash problem. If that doesn't work...
(2) Go into Application Data\Microsoft\FSX and remove (not delete) your fsx.cfg file. Throw it into My Documents or someplace where you can retrieve it, then fire up FSX and let it create a new default fsx.cfg file when it loads. Check settings to make sure crash detection is on, then try some carrier ops. If you're working OK then, you can assume the .cfg file got corrupted in some way. If you're still having problems, replace the .cfg file with your old one and you're back to square one.

fallenphoenix1986
July 15th, 2011, 16:36
Sorry been away from the sim machione for a few days, just gave it a shot. Unfortunatly it didnt work. Guess I'll be deactivating before then reactivating crash detection after launching from now on. :mixedsmi:

Craig