PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Get The DM Flight Sim DH106 Comet to Work In FSX?

Walter
July 8th, 2011, 06:44
How do I get the DM Flight Sim DH 106 to work in FSX? I did what the readme said to, but it won't show up in the FSX aircraft menu. Please help!!

Thank you,

Walter :jump:

Dave Torkington
July 8th, 2011, 07:27
Hi Walter,

This looks like quite a complicated little mod. for getting the DM Comet working in FSX... The DM notes for installing in FSX are fine, but they do presume a good knowledge of putting folders and files in the right location and editing .cfg's, .ini files etc.

Anyhow, I suspect your 'not displaying in the FSX menu' problem is either due to missing panel files or a problem with the panel.cfg itself.

Can I ask, have you downloaded the Comet Panel 'COMET_PANEL_20080323.zip' and unzipped / placed in your FSX/Airplanes folder? If not, then please try this.

Unlike FS9, FSX won't display aircraft in the select menu if there's a missing panel, panel config error, model config error etc.

Hope this helps :salute: Let us know how you get on.

Regards, Dave.

Walter
July 8th, 2011, 10:52
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I ended up doing was putting the readme fix on the original panel.cfg, then replacing it with the COMET_PANEL_20080323.zip then moving on. Little did I realize, I had forgotten to do the fix to the new panel file. Now its fixed.... THANK YOU!

Walter

Naismith
July 8th, 2011, 11:03
What I do is a simple edit in the fsx.cfg file and create an appropriate directory in FSX.
thus :-

[Main]
DisablePreload=1
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33
HideMenuFullscreen=1
HideMenuNormal=1
Location=406,107,1446,885,\\.\DISPLAY1
Maximized=1
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\fs9 Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\Ai_Other
SimObjectPaths.8=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\Military_AI
SimObjectPaths.10=SimObjects\Vintage_AI
ProcSpeed=5970
PerfBucket=7

I also create another directory, E:\FSX\Aircraft but don't put it in the cfg file. Then when I wish to install an FS2004 a/c I direct it at that folder. This means gauges, effects etc are all palce in the correct place. I then drag the new a/c file from there to SimObjects\fs9 Aircraft for testing purposes. If it is fine then it can be promoted to SimObjects\Airplanes or deleted. It sounds convoluted but it works for me.

Dave Torkington
July 8th, 2011, 11:11
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I ended up doing was putting the readme fix on the original panel.cfg, then replacing it with the COMET_PANEL_20080323.zip then moving on. Little did I realize, I had forgotten to do the fix to the new panel file. Now its fixed.... THANK YOU!

Walter

No problem - glad you got sorted :salute:

guzler
July 8th, 2011, 11:35
I've been flying the Comet quite a bit recently, beautiful. Shame it's not an FSX bird, but it's as good as we're going to get in FSX.

Walter
July 8th, 2011, 13:07
There are two other good ones for FSX. One is from Just Flight, I think. It's payware. The other is from (I cant remember the full name) Jens. That one is free. I'm just trying to expand my free comet collection until I can grab the payware one.

thunder100
July 8th, 2011, 23:36
<center>FSX DeHavilland DH 106 Comet 1 And 2
</center> <center> [ Download (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=152557) | View (http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=152557) ] </center>
Name: comet_v20x.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=152557) Size: 34,295,314 Date: 12-28-2010 Downloads: 1,944

This is the other one (1+2) at flightsim

Roland

Naismith
July 8th, 2011, 23:47
There are two other good ones for FSX. One is from Just Flight, I think. It's payware. The other is from (I cant remember the full name) Jens. That one is free. I'm just trying to expand my free comet collection until I can grab the payware one.

Oh why did you have to go and say that? Now you've incurred the wrath of the good people at CBFS. They get very defensive (and rightly so) of their free product.
I jest, I jest, before anyone tries to flame me....:kilroy:

warchild
July 9th, 2011, 08:08
Personally, I've been flying Dave Maltbys 106 in FSX since i first installed the program, and this new freeware is extremely well done. Between the two, i dont see any reason to purchase the payware one as they are both simply fantastic examples of the plane.. You really cant go wrong with them.. i just wish more VA's flew them..