PDA

View Full Version : FS2000/FS2002 Cub Engine Overhaul.

sbp
July 7th, 2011, 09:46
Greeting's all,

Recently, for some old look back's, I loaded up FS 2002. Found my first payware aircraft, The FSD J-3 cub for FS 2000 w/FS 2002 update. One of my all time fav's. Took her up for a test flight out of Meig's and found she'd only produce 40 MPH at full thottle. Made sure the carb heat was off, it was. Was skimming the water with a right hand pattern, (R/W 36 departure) making a very shallow RH turn so as to get her back on the Meig's R/W without stalling. Once safely down I reviewed some of my other Cub's FDE's and they were pretty much in line with the FSD Cub's FDE.

Any suggestion's on what I can do to get this Cub's Cont 65HP up to speed, (pun intended)?

Thank you for any input's

SBP :salute:

Tom Clayton
July 7th, 2011, 14:56
If nothing else, just raise the prop's thrust scalar. Also check the drag parameters - more drag on an otherwise equally engined plane will produce what you're seeing.

sbp
July 7th, 2011, 17:10
Ahha. Thanks, Tom for pointing me in the correct direction. Will adjust those area's of the FDE with wee small tweek's.

sbp
July 7th, 2011, 17:45
Tom, you nailed it my friend. Adjusted the drag and prop by +/- 0.5 each. Now it's just like flying with a new ring job on that old Cont 65. Ha.