PDA

View Full Version : As bad as they are....

OBIO
July 5th, 2011, 21:38
Ito's flight dynamics are better than mine! At least he managed to get the planes into the air. Me....I did manage to get the Fairey Barracuda into the air...straight up in the air with the tail dragging on the ground. Just for a moment.....then the nose fell to the side and the plane exploded when it hit the ground on its side. I have as much skill with flight dynamics as I do with singing Opera.

My first attempt at creating a new FDE set for the Barracuda resulted in the plane reaching a max taxi speed of 34KIAS. Second attempt got the plane up beyond take off speed, but it refused to lift off. Third attempt....it did the whole Flipper begging for a snack routine outlined above.

Back to the drawing board.

But hey, at least I had the virtual model lined up with the visual model. That should count for something.

OBIO

magoo
July 5th, 2011, 22:10
Obio, was it you who found a way to run ACM in 64 bit?

OBIO
July 5th, 2011, 22:38
I won't take credit for the method I used, but I did manage to get ACM running in Win 7 64-bit. Someplace on my HD I have a tute written up on how to do it....you will need a freeware piece of software, access to a system running XP, and either a CD/DVD or thumb drive. Took maybe 20 minutes to end up with a new MSI installer for ACM. Let me dig around and find the tute I wrote up and send it to you (and get it up on the forum someplace for general info usage). The method can be used for getting a lot of older software that is 32-bit programming but that has a 16-bit installer...which is the case with ACM.

OBIO

Astoroth
July 6th, 2011, 00:45
A lot of Itosan's models had the CoG WAY off from where it should be, which makes it a herculean task to correct the FDE's on them.....Good luck! You have more patience than I do, me thinks, lol.

Firebar
July 6th, 2011, 03:50
I got ACM going on my Win7x64 laptop by installing it on the XP desktop I'm networked with at home, then copying the files across to the laptop. I had to download vcl40.bpl vcljpg40.bpl and vclx40.bpl to get it to work though.