PDA

View Full Version : Coast squares and How to rid them

Naismith
July 4th, 2011, 13:18
How do I get rid of these in FSX with UT. They just suddenly appeared, I don't recall seeing them before! They appear and slowly fade to be replaced by others.

OleBoy
July 4th, 2011, 13:29
I had the same issue for a time. Something you installed corrupted the wave effects. That's where I would start

Tako_Kichi
July 4th, 2011, 14:59
Looks like a missing wave texture to me too.

anthony31
July 4th, 2011, 20:15
Wave file textures are fx_swoosh and fx_swoosh2 in your FSX/Effects/texture folder.

I'd check the dates modified/created on them (in case something has altered them) and then I'd try loading these into DXTBMP to see if they load OK.

Then I'd check the dates on the fx_waves.fx file in the FSX/Effects folder to make sure it hasn't been overwritten.

Naismith
July 4th, 2011, 23:47
Wave file textures are fx_swoosh and fx_swoosh2 in your FSX/Effects/texture folder.

I'd check the dates modified/created on them (in case something has altered them) and then I'd try loading these into DXTBMP to see if they load OK.

Then I'd check the dates on the fx_waves.fx file in the FSX/Effects folder to make sure it hasn't been overwritten.

Thanks V much, that fixed it, I had FSX backed up on a MyBook drive just for this kind of thing. You saved me much time. :-)