PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to...?

Blackbird686
July 4th, 2011, 03:16
Alphasim's "Admiral Kuznetov/Su-33 Naval Flanker" package? I didn't see it in the Alphasim Freeware directory, nor the Virtavia website. I somehow ended up with a few really nice fictional USN and USAF repaints for the Su-33 Naval Flanker that comes with that package. I think I had originally tried getting those to work on the other Flanker package from Alphasim... "Alpha Sukhoi Flankers"

BB686:USA-flag:

AndyG43
July 4th, 2011, 03:45
There are a few products that seem to have fallen through the cracks, not yet resurfaced under the Virtavia label but also not gone freeware; the Viggen is one, and I'd love to know what is happening with the B-52.

I vaguely seem to recall that there were issues with the Kuznetov package, a dispute between the original designer and AS/Virtavia; I could have imagined all of that though!! :icon_lol: As ever, Frank is the man with the inside track, hopefully he will be able to get us a little clarification from Phil.

Blackbird686
July 4th, 2011, 14:09
I remember similar issues with the ALPHA Phantom packs when they were a seperate purchase for each. The author, for some reason decided to pull the product altogether from the Alpha shelves. A short time later it was back. Now, Virtavia has released all three as freeware. If anyone owns the Admiral Kuznetov/Su-33 package and would like to have the repaints, they can be had at Flightsim. Just do a search for Su-33 and they show up at the very top of the page. Can't remember the author's name right off hand.

Jagdflieger
July 4th, 2011, 14:54
Can you post the link to them? I get "Nothing Found" when conducting a search for Su-33 at the Virtavia site.

Blackbird686
July 4th, 2011, 17:24
The Su-33/Admiral Kuznetov pack isn't featured on the Virtavia webpage, nor is it in the Alphasim Freeware Directory. I'll ask Frank if he has any info on this....

Astoroth
July 4th, 2011, 20:36
If I remember correctly, the original designer retained the rights to the Su-33/Admiral Kuznetov pack, and took it with him when he left Alphasim...It hasn't surfaced anywhere else since then.

AndyG43
July 4th, 2011, 21:40
If I remember correctly, the original designer retained the rights to the Su-33/Admiral Kuznetov pack, and took it with him when he left Alphasim...It hasn't surfaced anywhere else since then.

Dug a bit deeper - the designer was Mark Harper.

http://mark-harper.co.uk/

Blackbird686
July 5th, 2011, 08:32
That pretty much sums it up... Probably will never see that pack again, unless Mark gets a soft spot for the FS9 bunch here at SOH, and allows it to be uploaded here.
:applause:
That's probably a longshot too but one never knows.