PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good German prop blurs

OBIO
July 3rd, 2011, 21:26
I need good German prop blur textures to use on Ito's BV 138 Seedraken (Sea Dragon) flying boat. I need a 3 blade blur and a 4 blade blur depicting the standard dark green (almost black green) prop without the yellow hazard tips. Where might I find these?

OBIO

norab
July 4th, 2011, 07:36
take a look here Tim, might be of help

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=9695

Wild Bill Kelso
July 4th, 2011, 08:04
Just out of curiosity, Tim:
What's the distinctive feature of a "German" prop blur compared to ... let's say a French one? :icon_lol:
Do our props blur significantely different? :bump:
Never noticed yet, but once I'll come close to a Bf 108 Taifun next time, my nose tip will be poked into the "blur zone" as close as I could stand it.
Will report back! :wavey:

Cheers,
Markus.

OBIO
July 4th, 2011, 20:07
Wild Bill

By German, I simply meant prop blurs that depicted the nice solid dark green without the yellow or white or multi-color safety tip circle thingie. That's all....as there would be no difference between a solid dark green prop on an French, Italian or German plane...or on any plane for that matter. Just as long as the prop blurs are for 3 and 4 blade props, dark colored without the colored tips they would work...even if they came from a Cuban aircraft.

I actually found a good usable prop blur for the 3-blade prop, still need a good prop blur for the 4-blade prop.

OBIO

Wild Bill Kelso
July 4th, 2011, 23:02
Never mind, Tim:
I was just kidding! :ernae:

Glad you've found the blur you were looking for - no matter which nationality...

Cheers,
Markus.

AndyG43
July 4th, 2011, 23:10
A French prop would blur with elan and a certain je ne c'est quoi!

Wild Bill Kelso
July 5th, 2011, 07:04
No doubt about that, mate!
But I'd strictly refuse the assumption a German prop would blur sort of marching in lock step... :icon_lol:

Cheers,
Markus.

Terry
July 5th, 2011, 08:40
Any prop blur will work on any plane providing you know how much alcohol to consume for each aircraft. Therefore we need a chart showing (aircraft : alcohol) ratio!

Ascua02
July 6th, 2011, 05:47
Ahhh!!! The french propellers..., bit cheesy probably :icon_lol:

Hi Obio, no problem, send me the propeller you want and I'll paint it Scharzgrun (RLM 70) for you.

Saludos

AndyG43
July 6th, 2011, 06:29
No doubt about that, mate!
But I'd strictly refuse the assumption a German prop would blur sort of marching in lock step... :icon_lol:

Cheers,
Markus.

I'd never suggest such a think Markus.

Of course an English prop would have to stop mid-afternoon for tea!

Wild Bill Kelso
July 6th, 2011, 06:42
Of course an English prop would have to stop mid-afternoon for tea!

I'd expect nothing less! :unitedkingdom:
Wasn't that the reason for the final success of "The Few" during the Battle of Britain being more or less on the razor's edge? :salute:

Cheers,
Markus.

AndyG43
July 6th, 2011, 07:20
.... more or less on the razor's edge? :salute:

Cheers,
Markus.

I'd put it down to Michael Caine's dosgy accent in the film - if they'd used a proper posh person it might have been a lot more clear cut. :icon_lol:

dandog
July 6th, 2011, 19:31
I dare say you could NOT have a USA prop blur due to politcal correctness and possible propeller profiling! The props do not blur to avoid confrontation.

Daniel aka Dandog

OBIO
July 6th, 2011, 20:47
Ahhh!!! The french propellers..., bit cheesy probably :icon_lol:

Hi Obio, no problem, send me the propeller you want and I'll paint it Scharzgrun (RLM 70) for you.

Saludos

I can paint the prop blades.....that's easy. What I can't do is make a good Scharzgrun color prop blur for a 4-blade prop. Cazzie posted a Tute on making prop blurs.....I must be dumber than I think because I have followed that tute to the letter and my prop blurs look like a thin layer of crap spread over a thick layer of poop.

OBIO

Ascua02
July 7th, 2011, 03:13
OK OBIO, no sweat check the file it is just one of Bananabob marauder blur for the Marauder in Schwarzgrun.
You will have to rename it and /or unzip it, but it should work.

Saludos

OBIO
July 7th, 2011, 06:58
Thanks ascua. Have it installed in the BV138 and will give it a testing in just a few minutes.

OBIO