PDA

View Full Version : GAS Lockheed Model 12A for FS9

Spad54
July 2nd, 2011, 09:02
There will be an FS9 version of the model. The exterior is about 98% complete and now working on the VC. We're bumping up against the file size limit, but I think we can make it happen. It will most likely be a few weeks. Here she is as of today

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/Spad54/L12A_amelia_FS9.jpg

mgchrist5
July 2nd, 2011, 09:05
Fantastic!! Thanks, Spad! I'm a huge fan of GS creations, but rarely dabble in FSX...so this is a very unanticipated surprise. Looking forward to it!

Yossarian1943
July 2nd, 2011, 12:59
Looking forward to it!

Agree. :jump:

Willy
July 2nd, 2011, 13:55
Great! I don't think I've seen an Electra Jr for FS before.

Wim
July 2nd, 2011, 22:31
That will be very welcome :applause::applause:

Wim

wombat666
July 3rd, 2011, 00:26
Very welcome indeed.
Look great in the first Ansett Australia livery!
:applause:

racartron
July 3rd, 2011, 00:54
What a great addition to this wonderful "obsession!"

She will look superb setting next to her bigger sister, the Electra L-10A made by FS-Design Berlin. The L-10A is one of a few select airframes that occupies a permanent place on my fs9 ramp.

Moses03
July 3rd, 2011, 13:01
Thanks for thinking of us FS9'ers Spad. Looks great. I have FSX installed but rarely use it these days.

AndyG43
July 3rd, 2011, 23:26
There will be an FS9 version of the model. The exterior is about 98% complete and now working on the VC. We're bumping up against the file size limit, but I think we can make it happen.

Have you looked at Lionheart's Unlimited Export method, would that help any?

And I agree with all the comments above, she'll look great next to the Electra L-10A.

Spad54
July 5th, 2011, 02:36
Have you looked at Lionheart's Unlimited Export method, would that help any?

And I agree with all the comments above, she'll look great next to the Electra L-10A.

He converted PropTrash's FSDS technique for GMAX. We work in FSDS and I have no idea how to get hold of the original method that PropTrash developed. We went back to Bill Lyons method and I believe that all will be pleased with the result. The price point will be significantly lower than the FSX version. Here's the front office identical in functionality with its FSX sister. The C-40 will also be included

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/Spad54/FS9_L12_panel.jpg

Desert Rat
July 5th, 2011, 03:37
Spad,

you know I'm looking forward to this one, been nagging you long enough, lol. Glad you can get it sorted in FS9 and will be sure to purchase ASAP.

Many thanks,
Jamie

Wild Bill Kelso
July 5th, 2011, 06:59
Now that's good news! :applause:
I love twin-radialed taildraggers by default, but a state-of-the-art Electra is something I desperately missed!

Very much looking forward to it!

Cheers,
Markus.

Spad54
July 10th, 2011, 15:12
The conversion of the L12A is complete. Still need to convert the C-40 version and hope to have that done by the end of next weekend. Then some testing. I think it's reasonable to project a release by the end of the month. Here's the Southwest Airways livery. The FS9 version has all the capabilities and custom animations that the FSX version does with the exception of simulated fuel dumping.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/Spad54/SWA_Fs9.jpg

Sunny9850
July 10th, 2011, 15:29
That is excellent news indeed. At $5.75 a gallon for 100LL I can certainly live without the fuel dumping :)Stefan

tgibson
July 12th, 2011, 07:06
And that could be added by the user with Doug Dawson's FS9 fuel dump gauges, if desired. I have fuel dumping working on many of my propliners.