PDA

View Full Version : SPITFIRES BY PLANE-DESIGN FOR FS2004

vonernsk
June 29th, 2011, 14:27
The Mk XVI Spitfire produced by Plane-Design was outstanding. For sheer accuracy of model, realism and presence, I prefer it to RealAir's Mk XIV.

The sound package is the best Merlin sound I have heard short of going to the Duxford air show. The hydraulic hiss of wheel brake application with short sharp back-fires if handling the throttle coarsely all added up to a unique warbird experience on the old PC.

Back in 2008 they said they were producing some more marks of this a/c and produced some very nice screen shots.

Since 2008 nothing.

Anyone in contact with them or know if they will complete their future plans for further Spitfire Marks?

AndyG43
June 29th, 2011, 14:40
They got very badly hit by the whole piracy thing, and I think that put a stop to future development plans; it's a real shame, as their stuff was good & still looks good today - I recently reinstalled their Lancaster & it's still a gem. As far as I know some of the people involved are still active in the hobby, but no longer with Plane Design.

Wing_Z
June 29th, 2011, 18:43
That Spit is one of the few FS models that I wanted to learn to fly authentically, even went as far as making a start-up guide I could understand

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/SOH/PDSpitSTart.jpg

which I really must finish off!
One of the designers had a look in here when I started grizzing about the FDE, and we agreed to disagree.
Nothing I could do made this flyable, and so the Realair air file was subbed in on this computer.
But I agree it is a fabulous model, and a shame they didn't stay in the business.

Co-incidentally I have also recently rediscovered the (freeware) dambusters Lancaster which uses most of the PD bits.
Love it, too.

Blackbird686
June 30th, 2011, 05:37
The PD Spitfire has migrated from PC to PC, only with a handful of other models whenever I upgrade hardware. It is a definate keeper and one of the best representations of the Mk XVI I have ever had the pleasure to fly. I keep thinking that maybe someday PD will get back together and produce more of the later Spitfire marques.

BB686:USA-flag: