PDA

View Full Version : Didn't think it was that big....

Willy
June 27th, 2011, 14:48
Bought a 500 gig portable hard drive the other day to back up stuff on my comp that I want to keep and just backed up my complete FS 1954 (heavily modified FS9) install that I've been working on since FS 9 came out in 2003. I was thinking it was probably around 30, maybe 35 gig. 65.1 gig Didn't think it was anywhere close to that big. Took a while to run it all through that itty bitty USB cord too. But I've finally got a good copy to work from should the unthinkable ever happens and I have to rebuild.

Backed up my internal backups HD to the portable while I was at it too. But that was only about 36 gig.

Astoroth
June 27th, 2011, 22:27
HEHEHE, I am a packrat, collect just about every type of plane and helicopter, and if a scenery grabs my fancy, then I grab it too. So, imagine my surprise when I decided I wanted to back up my Aircraft, gauges, effects, sound and "downloaded scenery" folders. I checked the properties of those folders to see how much space I would need....wow, 217 gig. Yup, 217. Needless to say, I weeded out a LOT of stuff, and got it down to a more manageable 120 gig.....

PeteHam
June 27th, 2011, 23:44
Yeah, it's surprising how things add up. :icon_lol:

I've just installed FS2004 on a new computer ( after the Mother Board died ).

On the fresh untouched 2004 Sim the default Gauge folder is about 75Mb .

I had my existing 250GB HD installed as an extra in the new computer and my previous FS2004 gauges folder ( which was copied over from an even earlier one ) ...... had 1.6GB of gauges !!!

Pete.

Lionheart
June 28th, 2011, 21:42
36 Gigs!!!! Dang! You must have quite a nice collection there Willy..

Willy
June 28th, 2011, 22:32
The 36gig is on a small HD that I installed into my comp for my music and other files that I didn't want to lose. The 65gig FS9 was on my main drive.