PDA

View Full Version : New Ju-52 panel by Ali Cat!

Ali Cat
June 17th, 2011, 17:29

As this is a big one I thought I would ask for suggestions one last time. Should anyone care to give her a quick test the file package is below.

AC

CrisGer
June 17th, 2011, 22:15
wow that is an impressive panel, nice work!

Seagull V
June 18th, 2011, 01:20
Hello Ali Cat

Looking great, will give Aunty Ju a run tonight and see how she's looking from the pilots seat !!!!!! :jump::applause:

Ali Cat
June 18th, 2011, 04:14
ChrisGer: Thanks man, that means a lot. Have I really been working on this since November? It’s odd to think that back then I had not made my first gauge, my Gimp skills were pitiful, and I did not even know how to edit a panel.cfg file.

Seagull V: Thanks for your interest. And to anyone else who is willing to give her a quick check I’m looking for any suggestion/criticism that jumps at you. Is the read me clear, is there a better layout for the popups, is there a gauge which has a flaw?

I just loaded the panel.cfg with CfgEdit and noticed a problem. The panel works fine but there is an error. To fix this change the gauges in VC windows number 4, 5 and 6 such that the gauge numbering begins with "00" (oops).

AC

Jagdflieger
June 18th, 2011, 05:42
That 00 thing has caught me a time or two also.

I'll try and have feed back for you after I get back from a Saturday morning meeting. Jeez. When are meetings ever going to end?

CrisGer
June 19th, 2011, 08:47
Me too Jag, instead for me it is work, once i finish and ship some pictures monday I will give her another spin too, thanks so much for fine work ....for one of my favorite all time planes.

Jagdflieger
June 19th, 2011, 16:38
No time yet. Just got back from the Olympia air show and now it's time for dinner and some chores. I'm anxious to get started. Perhaps later tonight.

Ali Cat
June 20th, 2011, 14:51
Guys - no hurry and no pressure. Fiddle with the panel when and if you can.

I did recently test the engine specific gauges with a four engine A/C and they seem to work fine. For those of you who don’t know I chose to use the last argument of an engine specific gauge in the panel.cfg to set the engine number. For example –

gauge06=AldJu52Prima!Rpm, 839,389,88, ,3

sets this Rpm gauge to engine # 3, where the values 1, 2, 3 and 4 are valid.

AC

Rami
June 25th, 2011, 05:32
To all,

Ali Cat has uploaded a new Ju-52 panel which is the final portion of the Ju-52 project! Thanks to all who participated in this!

Jagdflieger
June 25th, 2011, 10:42
I've finally had some time to fly Tante Ju this morning. What a hectic week.

I think that I installed the new panel properly, but I'm running into problems with the gauges. I don't have the series of gauges listed in the panel.cfg file. A few of them are below as an example:

gauge00=AldJu52Prima!Amps, 770,858,83,118
gauge01=AldJu52Prima!FuelLowLight, 588,885,43,56,1
gauge02=AldJu52Prima!FuelLowLight, 542,885,43,56,2
gauge03=AldJu52Prima!FuelLowLight, 635,885,43,56,3
gauge04=AldJu52Prima!OilLowLight, 543,773,43,56,1

I've read over the readme files from both the plane and the new panel update, but I must be missing something. I also checked all of Primavesi's older Ju 52 aeroplanes for the gauges, but I've found no joy there either.

Ali Cat
June 26th, 2011, 10:00
I’m not sure what to say but that one so knowledgeable as yourself is having trouble is not good news. I just downloaded my upload and it worked fine. The gauges you are missing are in the new AldJu52Prima.gau file.

Are you able to see this file with CfgEdit? Here are pic's from CfgEdit/Add Gauge if that should help.

AC

Jagdflieger
June 26th, 2011, 10:53
Here's what I'm seeing while in the cockpit.

I've got the AldJu52Prina.gau gauge installed into my gauges folder as directed. I reinstalled it this morning, but it's still no joy.

It's probably just me, but I'm unfamiliar with a single gauge file for all the instruments in the CFS 2 cockpit. I know FS 9 uses a .cab file for multiple gauges, but I don't think that I've see it in the Senior Sim before.

Ali Cat
June 26th, 2011, 12:28
I’m not sure what is wrong but a few points – perhaps they will help.

The panel in your pic is not mine. It is the panel from SOH Ju-52 Project download. Confirm that you have my new panel.cfg copied into the "Junkers_Ju52_JU-AIR_v61/Panel" directory (obvious, but I have to ask).

Don’t worry about the VC. Sometimes it works – sometimes it does not. This has been a problem with this bird since the beginning. I don’t think anyone knows why.

As I understand it a gauge made for CFS2 will be a *.gau file with other gauges contained within. A gauge like "fsd.he111.gyro.gau" is a pre CFS2 one. Gauges for CFS2 will follow the format "gauge file name", then the exclamation point, and finally the specific "gauge name". An example would be "f4f4_wildcat!Altimeter". This is the way I have written the new AldJu52Prima.gau file.

Is anyone else having problems? Please do chime in yea or nay. This is Jagd – arguably one of our most valued members. If the problem is on my side I will be happy to fix it.

AC

Wulf190
June 26th, 2011, 19:16
Jag, are you running Vista or Windows 7 by chance? When I ran CFS2 on 7 I noticed I had to run it as administrator every time I started it up so that the gauges would show up. If I didn't do that, the gauges would not show. Dunno why, but running as Admin worked.

But then again dual booting XP pro with Windows 7 solved most of the headaches I was having with CFS2.

Jagdflieger
June 26th, 2011, 21:51
I'm using W7. It has been a challenge with CFS 2. It functions well with FS 9, but CFS 2 is my primary sim. I'll check into the bit map issue. I have both panels in my folder and have been switching back and forth between them using the cfg file to direct the sim to the needed panel. Perhaps I mucked something up.

Update: I reinstalled everything this morning. I must have made a mistake somewhere in the original installation as all is now well in the land of Tante Ju.

Thanks for all the effort on the panel. It sure makes a nice plane even better.

Ali Cat
June 27th, 2011, 07:28
Excellent! I was just getting ready to send you a “tear in my beer” response because my obvious advice wasn’t helping. Glad you got it.

AC

Captain Kurt
June 27th, 2011, 14:52
AC,

Incredible accomplishment, man! Congratulations! :salute:

Ali Cat
June 28th, 2011, 10:26
Thanks – from one with your skill set that’s a very fine complement. And my complements to you as well – you’ve pumped out some really great stuff of late.

AC