PDA

View Full Version : OT hobbit still about causing trouble

HouseHobbit
June 23rd, 2011, 19:41
I have been busy with a old friend who has had triple by-pass surgery
Helping out.. Just a update for any who may be interested..

I have been spending most of my time with him, a nurse has been over each day, and have taken Him to the doctors a couple of times..
Trying to keep him entertained, and having fun sitting in a air conditioned house, central air is nice..
He has cable too, which is nice..
Haven't even started a flight sim in some time now, been at Tim's each morning at 7am, and don't leave until usually 7-8 pm..
And then I often just hang out for a short while and hit the bed..
Next week he starts re-hab, three days a week..
It sucks seeing Him so, But I realize it happens.. my dad had by pass surgery many years ago also.
He will recover Thank God, but he'll have to slow down now and stop being the Mean Hard Biker type now..
I guess hobbits don't have this problem.. But I did have my heart removed in a divorce many years ago, it was a blessing in the long run....Didn't need it anyway..

Tomorrow, fri.. his wife will be home so I get a day off..LOL..
I have been keeping Him going and laughing as much as possible, which is cool..
His Chest is healing well, and In a few weeks it will be much better for him..
Gotten to see several of the old Biker crew stopping by.. Good to see some of them again..
And He let me take his Harley out for a ride a couple of times, that really says something about us.. Most bikers would be happier seeing one riding their wife's before they would give up their bikes..:icon_lol:..
Another old friend, laughed loudly a couple of days ago when he saw me pulling in on His bike, said it looked Like a Monkey trying to "do" a elephant..:icon_eek:..

Tim has a Big loaded dresser and it is a large bike, but I can handle it very well, I am Humbled that he allowed me to give her a spin again..
It has been different, twenty years ago he was hurt badly in a wreck, a car hit Him on His bike..And I stayed with Him then too, I let him Know I don't think I could handle another such adventure like this another time..Last time I picked on Him and kelp him angry much of the time, so he wouldn't get depressed..
It worked, several years later He let me Know that at the time he would have "bent" me if he could have gotten his hands on me
But he ( later) realized that I was just doing what I had to to help get him back up and being His old mean and dangerous self...
And his wife has fed me really well each evening, She is a great cook, and home cooked meals are rare for me..
I told Him maybe he should take a few extra weeks to heal up, so I could keep getting some more meals..
He let me know that if I was around too much longer there might be a death, Mine....:icon_eek:
I believe another week and he will be okay to take care of his needs, and I will be back to Wrecking aircraft and causing trouble for the flight sim folks..
Just a FYI
Bravo to my friends here.. Thanks Guys for your Kind support and understanding..
:salute: :salute: :salute:

flyer01
June 23rd, 2011, 21:59
Owen, Good to hear your BBF:icon_lol: is going to be fine. Take care of yourself also.

SWMF,
Mike

KellyB
June 24th, 2011, 03:35
your friend is fortunate to have you for a friend, Owen.

I'd like to think I'd do as well.

HouseHobbit
June 24th, 2011, 06:07
Thanks, Guys..
But I have been blessed with this man's friendship and a few others for many years.. He and a few others have stood by a CRAZY Hobbit during the bad and good times..
I have NEVER forgotten this and Never will..

Several here at SOH I consider great friends also..
Even if we Never meet I will always be Grateful for the kindness I have been shown by several of the Men and Ladies here.
And This Hobbit doesn't always do what is understood or even considered proper sometimes and I admit this..
But even through, I mess up often, many here still allow me the ability to move on and try again..
So the Blessing is mine, from those who stand by me, even when I often muck up everything..

And I do enjoy wrecking all the beautiful items our Masters here give freely to us to play with..:applause:
Off to trash some Tuskegee P-47's today so I can upload this for all to have..

loverboy1
June 24th, 2011, 06:39
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:guinness:

popsaka
June 27th, 2011, 21:13
...more power to ya, Owen! What? Me? ...a sentimental old phuddy duddy? Naaa ...not a chance... Why I'm bristling with machismo...:p:

HouseHobbit
July 1st, 2011, 02:20
Getting ready to head over to my friend's today to care for him.. Soon i believe i will be freed from this and back to working as i should be for the ETO/PTO team and everyone.. Thanks to all for your kind words and support