PDA

View Full Version : News from Travis AFB...new museum and Mustang Days

pilottj
June 23rd, 2011, 19:12
Hey folks,
I went to a MOAA BBQ at the Travis AFB Museum. The museum director spoke and said they were going to be breaking ground soon on a new museum facility that will be outside the base gates. For those who haven't been to the base to see the museum they do have quite a nice collection of airplanes and artifacts.

Also Bay Area/Sac area folks should mark down Saturday Oct. 8th 2011....Mustang Days at Vacaville Nut Tree airport :jump:

Cheers
TJ

pilottj
June 25th, 2011, 09:51
Forgot to mention too that the Travis Air Expo show will be July 30/31. The Thunderbirds will be there and I think Patty Wagstaff will be doing a demonstration there too.

I won't make it to the Travis show but am planning on seeing the Mustangs show at Nut Tree. If Dave or Rick or any of the other Nor Cal guys here plan on going...I'll see you there :)

Daveroo
June 25th, 2011, 17:51
id like some more info on the mustang thing at the nut tree,,,,,may try to go to that...doesnt look like im going to make travis..but ill be at lincoln on oct1,,have you a website or anything for the mustangs at nut tree?

pilottj
June 25th, 2011, 18:02
Not a lot out there on it as far as official websites. The best thing I can find so far is a forum posting on the Mustangsmustangs.com website with contact info.

http://www.mustangsmustangs.us/thehangar/index.php?topic=1416.0

If you google Mustang Days Nut Tree on google you can see some flickr photo pages of previous years.

Cheers
TJ

Daveroo
June 26th, 2011, 09:35
ok thanks..id done the google thing..but was unable to find anything for the upcoming gathering,,just past shows,,,,,thanks for that link...i have to have something to show my dad,,,,kinda sucks,,,ill be 49 on july 6th,,my folks are in theyre 70s and i have to rely on them to go anywhare or do anything..i have no vehical nor cdl and i have to use a powerchair (simular to wheelchair) at shows..so i need help...and my other family members could careless of my needs...

my point is....i need to convince a man who is scared to drive with a 600 pound jazzy on the tail that far,,,LOL