PDA

View Full Version : Two final MaskRider questions...

Rami
June 22nd, 2011, 17:20
Okay folks,

I think we now have about all of the MaskRider scenery packages uploaded, but I have a couple of questions left.

1) What is the difference between the mr_solomons_2004.zip package and the mr_solomons_2004_nw.zip package? Anything significant?

2) Also, what set does the .zip file _mr_nsw_norfolk_island_090916.zip belong to? Are there any instructions for it?

Any clarity would be appreciated,

Fibber
June 22nd, 2011, 19:00
Rami;
I believe that that went into the Mariannas but also was before the revamping.

kdriver
June 23rd, 2011, 07:40
Hi Rami,

The Norfolk Island package was released after I badgered Maskrider for it. The last Micronesia package has Norfolk included and supercedes that 2009 stand alone version.

MaskRider
June 23rd, 2011, 07:42
The NSW Norfolk zip (NSW stands for New South Wales, BTW) is an early, maybe the original, version of Norfolk Island- one of my first G2K/custom-mesh combined projects. I later incorporated it into the Mariannas pack. It would probably only serve to confuse matters to make it available. Although I don't believe it would cause a conflict since I believe that the files currently contained in the Mariannas pack are the same as those in the NSW pack- probably just get overwritten if installed into the same folders as any others. If installed into a different folder then there may be some issues.

With regard to the Solomons stuff- the ones you refer to above are earlier versions of the Solomons. the most current edition of the Solomons was the one available at the MaskRider site before the site was closed. And that pack- with a few exceptions such as Stirling Island, and Ballale- was built to fit the original stock shorelines. I never reworked the Solomons pack to fit Rhumba's mesh/masks.

EDITED to add: yes, what kdriver says is how it is.

MaskRider
June 23rd, 2011, 08:04
I don't know if this will help but here are PDF versions of a couple of the main mask-rider.com website pages. The links don't work (I don't think), but the names of the files and the general install instructions and caveats are all there.

Rami
June 23rd, 2011, 11:35
Chris,

I think we now have everything we need, then. All of the major overhauled versions of your bases are accounted for, so it looks like uploading and maintaining older versions would simply be counterproductive.

Thank you for tying up these loose ends for us...and a BIG thank you for all your hard work over the years!